• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chris Evans

Ranger007

NES Member
Yeah, I saw this on her twitter the other day. I cried a little inside and will never be able to view Cap in the same light again.

yes he is a douche. and yes, he is a liar. because he is an anti. you have to be to support healey but he's spoken out against guns in the past as well. I believe he is from Sudbury or somewhere out that way.

In his last movie, didn't his character die opposing the same sort of statist control that in real life he supports? Or am I missing something?

In either case, doesn't he make a very healthy living glorifying apocalypse level violence? Huh.

Expect the Globe to run stupid shit articles like this almost daily for the next 4 or 5 years... as long as it will take to get a court ruling one way or the other on evil Queen Maura's unilateral decree. [thinking]

Expect the Globe to run stupid shit articles like this almost daily for the next 4 or 5 years... as long as it will take to get a court ruling one way or the other on evil Queen Maura's unilateral decree. [thinking]

Yeah, kind of tragic, the best the Globe can come up with is a story on a second tier movie star tweeting something. And ffs, someone still created a thread on it. NES must drive more traffic to their web site than google.

if you start a sentence by saying "I'm not an anti but" when talking about guns....you are an ANTI!!!!
Let see ... a Hollywood comic book hero can't put a coherent thought together into a sentence supports @MassAGO. What a surprise. It's consistent with the level of intelligence of the other anti's on @MassAGO and they have the quantity of voices, because “Quantity has a Quality All Its Own". It sucks, but we have to keep dinging @MassAGO to make sure our presence is felt.

According to this study, it should be the opposite:

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...e-gun-owners-are-least-likely-criminals-17355

“We find that permit holders are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies at less than a sixth the rate for police officers,” the report says. “Among police, firearms violations occur at a rate of 16.5 per 100,000 officers. Among permit holders in Florida and Texas, the rate is only 2.4 per 100,000.10. That is just one-seventh of the rate for police officers.”

Not to mention that this douche nozzle also believes that the AG effectively changing this law is ok. Wonder if he would support an AG issuing an "enforcement notice" that effectively bans abortion or gay marriage?

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of tragic, the best the Globe can come up with is a story on a second tier movie star tweeting something. And ffs, someone still created a thread on it. NES must drive more traffic to their web site than google.

They know that Queen Maura is on very thin legal ice with this latest BS. That is why they had to issue a list of supporters. Now they are trolling for any other pseudo-celebs that are ok with shredding the Constitution. I really wish that Trump would highlight this to put Killary in her place with respect to a new AWB. (Killary keeps claiming that she is not coming for our guns. This is PROOF that Dems are doing EXACTLY that!)

I wrote an email to Yvonne Abraham after she wrote "AG faces sexist, antigay slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016. Here is my letter along with her rather lame response.
This is biased journalism in the raw. She openly states what her PERSONAL views are. To me this is proof positive that MSM opinions are bought and paid for.

DevilDad, thanks for your note.

I disagree with you on the issues, but I purposely did not wade into the argument over the measure itself. My aim was to write instead about the vile rhetoric that accompanies disagreements over these issues. There is absolutely no excuse for such awfulness, no matter how wrong people think Healey is.

Thanks so much for being civil. I'm getting a lot of ugly communications myself lately, so I really mean it.

Yvonne.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:57 AM, DevilDad wrote:
08/03/2016

Dear Yvonne,

I writing in response to your article titled "AG faces sexist, antigay
slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016.

There is no doubt that ad hominem attacks have no place in a matter as serious as gun control. The frustration on the part of law abiding gun owners, however, is very real. As a journalist, you know that there is more than one side to every story and this is no exception.

On July 20, 2016 the Attorney Generals Office unilaterally changed the
understanding and interpretation of the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban, which has been in effect since the Federal Assault Weapons Ban was sunsetted in 2004. There was no legislative discussion and no due process. Only a "Guidance" statement issued by the AG at a press conference with no notice given to impacted individuals and organizations.

On that day, tens of thousands of law abiding gun owners and small businesses in Massachusetts were retroactively put in legal jeopardy simply for following the 20 year old established AWB law with the acquiescence and approval of the AGO.

What suddenly changed?

The AGO stated that the "Guidance" does not apply to individual "Assault Weapon" ownership prior to July 20, 2016, however they still are considered illegal to posses. Additionally, the AGO may change the guidance at any time. This certainly lacks clarity and is a tangible and serious threat to individual rights. People will react to this accordingly.

A couple of questions:
- Why is the AG puzzled by the strong negative reaction?
- What was the AG expecting for a reaction?
- Does the AG believe this will have any effect on real criminals?
- Why is the AGO so strongly targeting the law abiding gun owners?

Sincerely,

--
Yvonne Abraham Metro Columnist
The Boston Globe
@GlobeAbraham

Last edited:
They say Art imitates life, but I believe we have a case of life imitating art with this article. The comics has always portrayed Captain America has the absolute defender of all that America stands for. Yet recently Marvel has decided to announce that Captain America has always been an Agent of Hydra, an organization that seeks world domination.

It seems that Chris Evans, while carrying the Stars and Strips in film, works for Hydra in real life. so to speak. While this is not surprising, as most of the Hollywood Elite are scum, I just find it a bit ironic.

To be fair, he was pretty harsh on Nick Fury for making weapons from the cube-thingy.

It's not a matter of stupidity, it's a matter of ignorance. He's ignert. What % of Sudbury residents do you think have had any interaction with guns? 3%? 2? Let's not get on him for ignerting.

And not get on him for ignerting on the AG's power grab in the first place. As I've said 1 billion times before here, people don't want a free Republic, they want a fascist state where they happen to agree with all of the restrictions.

They say Art imitates life, but I believe we have a case of life imitating art with this article. The comics has always portrayed Captain America has the absolute defender of all that America stands for. Yet recently Marvel has decided to announce that Captain America has always been an Agent of Hydra, an organization that seeks world domination.

It seems that Chris Evans, while carrying the Stars and Strips in film, works for Hydra in real life. so to speak. While this is not surprising, as most of the Hollywood Elite are scum, I just find it a bit ironic.
Actually, I believe that new story line is a "re-imagining" of the character.

I just wish actors, actresses and musicians would shut their cake eaters and just do what they're paid to do.....

I wrote an email to Yvonne Abraham after she wrote "AG faces sexist, antigay slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016. Here is my letter along with her rather lame response.
This is biased journalism in the raw. She openly states what her PERSONAL views are. To me this is proof positive that MSM opinions are bought and paid for.

DevilDad, thanks for your note.

I disagree with you on the issues, but I purposely did not wade into the argument over the measure itself. My aim was to write instead about the vile rhetoric that accompanies disagreements over these issues. There is absolutely no excuse for such awfulness, no matter how wrong people think Healey is.

Thanks so much for being civil. I'm getting a lot of ugly communications myself lately, so I really mean it.

Yvonne.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:57 AM, DevilDad wrote:
08/03/2016

Dear Yvonne,

I writing in response to your article titled "AG faces sexist, antigay
slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016.

There is no doubt that ad hominem attacks have no place in a matter as serious as gun control. The frustration on the part of law abiding gun owners, however, is very real. As a journalist, you know that there is more than one side to every story and this is no exception.

On July 20, 2016 the Attorney Generals Office unilaterally changed the
understanding and interpretation of the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban, which has been in effect since the Federal Assault Weapons Ban was sunsetted in 2004. There was no legislative discussion and no due process. Only a "Guidance" statement issued by the AG at a press conference with no notice given to impacted individuals and organizations.

On that day, tens of thousands of law abiding gun owners and small businesses in Massachusetts were retroactively put in legal jeopardy simply for following the 20 year old established AWB law with the acquiescence and approval of the AGO.

What suddenly changed?

The AGO stated that the "Guidance" does not apply to individual "Assault Weapon" ownership prior to July 20, 2016, however they still are considered illegal to posses. Additionally, the AGO may change the guidance at any time. This certainly lacks clarity and is a tangible and serious threat to individual rights. People will react to this accordingly.

A couple of questions:
- Why is the AG puzzled by the strong negative reaction?
- What was the AG expecting for a reaction?
- Does the AG believe this will have any effect on real criminals?
- Why is the AGO so strongly targeting the law abiding gun owners?

Sincerely,

--
Yvonne Abraham Metro Columnist
The Boston Globe
@GlobeAbraham

I wonder if Yvonne would defend those caught defacing Trump signs or burning them. Or if/when an AG in a red state uses this precedent set by Queen Healy to ban abortion and gay marriage if Yvonne will condemn or defend the hateful rhetoric and ad hominiem attacks that WILL result from such Unconstituitonal action. I think that I know the answer to this rhetorical question as the left is very good at holding others to high standards that will never even try and meet.

You can tell them this...

As an actor please stop acting like you know what you're talking about. #MindlessDrivel

He's Mike Capuano's nephew. He's of course one of the petulant turds who plopped himself down on the floor of the house chambers for that ridiculous gun sit-in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Evans_(actor)

So he's an actor in a generic, mostly substance/depth free box office cash machine movie. That's why I didn't recognize the name.

If I wanted to watch stuff lacking in substance at least put Jackass or TPB on... at least it's funny.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom