Chokes for an 11-87

I bought a Remington 11-87 a few weeks ago from DSG. I thought that all shotguns came with multiple chokes and asked the associate where the other chokes were. He said there weren't any and I was ok with it because the box only said "Mod Choke". So I have a Mod choke on my shotgun now and I'm having a hell of a hard time finding Improved Cylinder and Cylinder chokes for it. I'm also interested in throwing on a choke that will help some rifled slugs carry a little better. So in closing where can I find some chokes near the Dartmouth, MA area? Does Bass Pro normally have them in stock? Should I contact DSG and inquire why the hell my shotgun didn't come with more than one choke?

According to the Remington site, all current 11-87s are Sportsman models and only come with one Mod choke. Here's a link to a listing of all the Remchokes available from Remington, including a rifled tube.

http://www.remington.com/products/accessories/gun_parts/remChoke_tubes.asp

It's kind of hit or miss on availability of particular chokes, especially at places like Dick's. You may have to mail order to get what you want. There are several aftermarket makers like Briley that make arguably higher quality chokes, albeit for more money. Or put a Want to Buy ad up, lots of used chokes floating around.

I bought a Remington 11-87 a few weeks ago from DSG. I thought that all shotguns came with multiple chokes and asked the associate where the other chokes were. He said there weren't any and I was ok with it because the box only said "Mod Choke". So I have a Mod choke on my shotgun now and I'm having a hell of a hard time finding Improved Cylinder and Cylinder chokes for it. I'm also interested in throwing on a choke that will help some rifled slugs carry a little better. So in closing where can I find some chokes near the Dartmouth, MA area? Does Bass Pro normally have them in stock? Should I contact DSG and inquire why the hell my shotgun didn't come with more than one choke?
Before you spend the cash, try out your 11-87 with the loads that you actually plan to use in the gun for hunting or home defense. I own a Remington 870 and keep the modified choke in it. I have yet to use the IC choke. The Mod works great with slugs and OO buckshot. In fact, it will be joining me for the MA shotgun deer season in a couple of weeks. The FBI, U.S. Marshals Service, Customs/Border Patrol and DEA all use 870s with fixed modified chokes. The Secret Service actually specified full chokes on all of their 870s.

The MOD choke is the standard choke for all remington field shotguns. It covers a large area of use. slugs to bird shot. Wal mart/dicks sporting goods usually has chokes in stock.

Back
Top Bottom