Chinese soldiers tests next generation assault rifle

Reptile

NES Member
Chinese state-owned media have released footage showing the test of the next generation of an assault rifle, called the QBZ-191.

The ‘QBZ’ acronym stands for ‘Qīngwǔqì Bùqiāng Zìdòng’, literally meaning ‘light weapon, rifle, automatic’. The digits usually denote the final year of a weapon’s development.

The video, released by the state-owned broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV), included footage showing the basic and advanced version of QBZ-95 during its tests at the No. 208 Research Institute of China Ordnance Industries.

Three versions of the next generation assault rifle are supposed to appear – with 267 mm (PDW) trunks, 368 (the main sample) and an elongated heavy barrel for snipers in the squads. The rifle developed to replace theQBZ-95bullpup-style rifle that was introduced in 1997.

According to sources, the new rifle is chambered in the standard 5.8x42mm caliber using a new type of rounds that have better performance on medium to long-range. It has an effective firing range of 300 m for the carbine version and 400 m for the assault rifle version with a rate of fire of 750 rpm (Rounds Per Minute).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=358&v=EviHFqG-Dqc&feature=emb_logo

Seems that this is a running theme for the ChiComm Rat Bastards. Comes from their national inferiority complex because they can't come up with new technology, they have to steal it. The hive mind is not conducive to creativity.

I read about their 5.8mm round several years ago and experts believe the tests were doctored to make its performance seem better than what it actually is.

We can only hope their military optics are the same quality as the ones they sell to our civilian market..
They'll be good for around 10 moa with wandering zero's![rofl2]

An upgrade from the AK should have been:
More ammo for same weight carried.
A flatter handling firearm with less muzzle rise.
Better ergonomics and an adjustable folding/collapsible stock.
Use more modern materials in construction, no need for wood in a military rifle today.
Multiple sighting systems for cqb, medium and longer ranges.
Better, more adjustable iron sights.
Lighter magazines, keep reliability though.
Better long range and terminal balistics.
Keep the weight the same or lighter than the AK47.

All in all, good job China.[smile]

We can only hope their military optics are the same quality as the ones they sell to our civilian market..
They'll be good for around 10 moa with wandering zero's![rofl2]
All in all, good job China.[smile]

Well, China does make Primary Arms optics and many other good optics. Glass quality isn’t amazing, but they’re durable and repeatable optics.

They're always in for the cool, new toys.

Chinese C.96 (7.63mm Mauser)
The most common and popular pistol in China since the beginning of the Republic in 1912, was the Mauser C96, called the "Box Cannon" (盒子炮) in Chinese. It was imported from Germany and Spain (Astra 900 and MM31), but mostly produced locally in various arsenals, the larger being in Hanyang, Shanghai, Gongxian, Shanxi. They were often used with a detachable shoulder stock.[30][31] Hanyang alone produced around 13,000 copies.[32]

Well, for starters, they're made in China, so that's not impressive, for one. Their army has exactly zero combat experience, so that's not impressive either. Last, with all these pretty dolls in their ranks, their minds are not focused on the kind of fighting one would expect from soldiers.
It must be depressing as shit to be the world's most populated country with a humongous standing army, and still nobody is afraid of you.

I yawn every time Insee one of these "OMG, NEXT GEN RIFLES!" Threads.

99% of the time is a 50 year old design with a couple of minor changes. Once in a while the change is the caliber. Yawn.

Why do we even care what they are testing?

Anyone see a pattern here? First they infect the planet with virus crud, then they blow up a nuke, then they release footage of a new weapon. WTF will these a**h***s do next?
Lol, it's not a new weapon. It's just a rifle that is not very different from the previous rifles. There is nothing special to see here and nothing dangerous.

I read about their 5.8mm round several years ago and experts believe the tests were doctored to make its performance seem better than what it actually is.

When I saw that cartridge on wiki my gut reaction at looking at the specs was like "Oh, this is just some f***o edgleord cartridge that china came up with just to make it look like they are innovative or something" [rofl]

-Mike

When I saw that cartridge on wiki my gut reaction at looking at the specs was like "Oh, this is just some f***o edgleord cartridge that china came up with just to make it look like they are innovative or something" [rofl]

-Mike

Its basically their failed attempt to mimic 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 but they suck at everything they do.

So they've also abandoned the bull-pup design? I wonder how long it will take to field these things. Did they ever completely phase out the type 56?

Chinese state-owned media have released footage showing the test of the next generation of an assault rifle, called the QBZ-191....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=358&v=EviHFqG-Dqc&feature=emb_logo
OK - So help me understand why the rifle displayed and then disassembled at the 1:00 to 1:20 mark has the magazine BEHIND the trigger assembly and the rifle featured later and in the diagrams behind the various speakers has more traditional magazine location forward of the trigger assembly ?

Well, for starters, they're made in China, so that's not impressive, for one. Their army has exactly zero combat experience, so that's not impressive either. Last, with all these pretty dolls in their ranks, their minds are not focused on the kind of fighting one would expect from soldiers.
It must be depressing as shit to be the world's most populated country with a humongous standing army, and still nobody is afraid of you.
Their "combat experience" is gunning down their own unarmed populace, who cannot legally own even a BB gun, like they did back in 1989. The only ones who will likely be shot with ChiCom 5.8x42 mm ammo are Chinese civilians.

I';m so drunk right now I'd f*** all of them at least rtwice, maty be more eaxhch, lon time, efinatelty long time

Back
Top Bottom