Chinese SKS heads up

flintoid

Banned
if you know where to look, a vendor just fired out an email because they have a lot of them that are heavily used....

I had it in my checkout and decided not to... kitchen remodeling and a few unfinished AK parts kits will do that to you.... if you're married. [sad]

I saw those looks like pretty crappy condition ad says overall fair. Interesting comment in the ad that says they were banned from importation but a small lot was let in?

I saw those looks like pretty crappy condition ad says overall fair. Interesting comment in the ad that says they were banned from importation but a small lot was let in?

I am guessing they were a lot of SKS's that got caught up in a warehouse until now. Someone probably was cleaning house and they decided to move them after previously chalking them up as too rough to sell?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will have info on that.

A month ago I probably would have bought one. Since I just bought 5 guns and a stripped lower in the past month, I'm going to have to restrain myself.

Plus, they do look kinda rough.

I was very close to going ahead on one, but decided to go with a Type 53 instead. I like shooting my M91/30 but at the last Holbrook shoot, someone let me shoot their M44 and I liked it even more. Hopefully the rifle is serviceable. We all know the chances we take with these sight-unseen distributor surplus rifles!

These probably came in as a bonus in a shipment recently where other rifles were the main buy. Or they were left in the back of a distributor's warehouse and finally discovered. Either way it drives up the price of the one I was planning on selling by at least $75.[grin]

if you know where to look, a vendor just fired out an email because they have a lot of them that are heavily used....

I had it in my checkout and decided not to...

Saw those too, but fortunately picked up a yugo 59/66 for the same price. Way better condition.

I had it in my checkout and decided not to...

kitchen remodeling and a few unfinished AK parts kits will do that to you.... if you're married. [sad]

I know how you feel. I've got to put new stock & rails on my vz58 and my kitchen looks like crap. Wife keeps nagging me to do something about it.[sad2]

I come to NES to commiserate.

I don't know where too look but I'm curious what they are selling for.

They're going for $229/$250 depending on which distributor you buy from. I found out Century imported these.

For the price when you factor in shipping and transfer fee, you can buy one in classifieds or at a shop/show.

I haven't shot mine in a while and thought about selling it for a split second. But I decided against it, and it seems like the SKS is still sought after by collectors. It is a very interesting rifle for sure and I would love to find a good priced Norinco.

They're going for $229/$250 depending on which distributor you buy from. I found out Century imported these.

For the price when you factor in shipping and transfer fee, you can buy one in classifieds or at a shop/show.

That's not horrible. I was seeing them for as high as 400 in someplaces.

I've also been wicked tempted to buy the Yugo that Transporter has in the classifieds for $250. He clearly states that it is non-functional, but it sounds like it's easily fixable. I'm guessing it's a stuck firing pin.

But, again, five guns in a month, an AR lower, and two Maadi parts kits, are making me feel like I should slow down a little.

I've also been wicked tempted to buy the Yugo that Transporter has in the classifieds for $250. He clearly states that it is non-functional, but it sounds like it's easily fixable. I'm guessing it's a stuck firing pin.

But, again, five guns in a month, an AR lower, and two Maadi parts kits, are making me feel like I should slow down a little.

Ahh, so weird you say that. I have bought so many guns this year that I will keep it on the down low in 2013 for sure.

I would've bought that but he wont sell it as C&R. So, meh. Found one that works instead.

Yes they shoot great are a lot of fun too. The Chinese one I have has a bipod and 5 round mag. It too shoots very well, but 40 cal keeps buying 53 izzys so I need to unload the Chinese to buy one of those before he buys them all up

Is one distributor selling better condition rifles than the other, hence the price difference? Because it seems like one of the dealers give a much more accurate depiction than the other.

Well I only ask because the sight with the cheaper ones are all worn on the blueing. Think the barrels are mint?

I said I wasn't going to do it, but I went ahead and ordered one of these. I got it from the site with the longest description, who usually ships the same day, has the $15 hand-pick fee, and who says that they have already cleaned off most of the cosmoline. I have been really happy with the service from these guys in the past, and have bought my last 5 C&R guns from them.

I'll throw up some pics when it gets here, probably by the end of the week.

Some more chinese type 56's just popped up elsewhere for a pretty good price. They say they are still in cosmoline but some of the stocks arent so pretty, and have a $10 hand select fee. I have never ordered any milsurps, but have gotten some other goodies from them and they seem reputable. Nice cheap shipping as well.

The place I ordered from just switched from the single stock photo to about a dozen shots of a typical example. It looks like it might be a good match for the last T53 I bought from them. Decent metal, rough wood.

Back
Top Bottom