Cheap Hearing Protection...

I got this in an email from Harbor Freight.

They look very similar, if not identical, to the green muffs put out by Caldwell and others. With a pair of earplugs they should work well.

Certainly not the best, but I bought 3 pairs for Derek, Brent and my Wife back ~3 years ago. I'd recommend them for teaching newbies or as spares for guests.

Nothing wrong with them, but you'll migrate to more expensive ones after a while.

Certainly not the best, but I bought 3 pairs for Derek, Brent and my Wife back ~3 years ago. I'd recommend them for teaching newbies or as spares for guests.

Nothing wrong with them, but you'll migrate to more expensive ones after a while.

Yep. They're great for someone you're taking to the range for the first time. They allow the newbie to hear range/safety commands and protect the hearing. I have a couple of the Caldwell ones that I keep for just that purpose. For $14 it's hard to go wrong. Just make sure you turn the amplifier off when you're done with them, unless you like buying a lot of AA batteries! [laugh]

Yeah I bought a few of those for my guest shooters. Not great, but they work well enough. Beats screaming into ear muffs to be heard. I wouldn't trade my Peltor Tac 7 for them though.

Yup, my Wife has migrated to my former Peltac Tac 7 after I upgraded.

I keep the HF and Peltor Tac 6S for guests.

Back
Top Bottom