Cheap AR Uppers!

The "Freedom" line is PTAC. [probably trash and crap] [smile]

Recommend spending 'slightly' more and get a premium upper with an FN barrel. Or just get an M&P15 and support an MA company

If you guys were members you could see the PSA deals megathread in the members forum... although that's hardly the best feature of the site, but the resident skinflints around seem to adore that company....

-Mike

I refuse to support a company that won't send lowers into MA.

They are a business not a local advocacy orgaization. Blame yourself and your neighbors. Don't ever expect a business to put their necks on the line so you can get a low margin lower.

They are a business not a local advocacy orgaization. Blame yourself and your neighbors. Don't ever expect a business to put their necks on the line so you can get a low margin lower.

I agree. It's their business, and who can blame them for not wanting to deal with frivolous AG lawsuits when you have at least 48 other states that you can freely do business with? They have no issue shipping uppers, or any other parts to MA, only lowers, and other firearms.

I would agree, but unfortunately both of those links show as being out of stock. BCM makes some nice stuff though.

Well that happened fast. I just got the email about them this afternoon. Anyone who is interested, get on BCM's mailer list, I have received 3 emails over the last few weeks about these blem uppers for super cheap. I have been half tempted to buy one myself.

I agree. It's their business, and who can blame them for not wanting to deal with frivolous AG lawsuits when you have at least 48 other states that you can freely do business with? They have no issue shipping uppers, or any other parts to MA, only lowers, and other firearms.

Necks on the line, what AG regs. Is there a Law against shipping lower receivers to Mass???

I'm confused, i've had many lowers transferred to me without any problems??

I think it's BS, Palmetto state refuses to sell lowers to law abiding gun owners, sounds like their not on our team??? Another reason for me not to buy their junk.

Last edited:
Necks on the line, what AG regs. Is there a Law against shipping lower receivers to Mass???

I think it's BS, Palmetto state refuses to sell lowers to law abiding gun owners, sounds like their not on our team??? Another reason for me not to buy their junk.

So how is this any different than most ammo suppliers not shipping to MA, Sportsman's Guide, etc.? There's plenty of places to get lowers from, so if they choose not to sell them here so what? They lose some sales so it only hurts them. I just don't get why people get butthurt by this stuff.[rolleyes]

PSA makes good parts. The ptac stuff is junk but will run.
I don't hold it against any company that chooses not to do business in this or any state.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

So how is this any different than most ammo suppliers not shipping to MA, Sportsman's Guide, etc.? There's plenty of places to get lowers from, so if they choose not to sell them here so what? They lose some sales so it only hurts them. I just don't get why people get butthurt by this stuff.[rolleyes]

The ammo situation is a little different, even though it's still not a law like lower receivers, it bypasses the FFL transfer, Martha doesn't want ammo coming through to unlicensed individuals, stupid, yes, but no dealer has to worry about AG regs for lower receivers. In my eyes these companies (PSA) think it's giving the middle finger to the politicians in the state but instead it's directly screwing the law abiding gun owners and "letting the terrorists win". Personally I don't care about PSA cause there shit is crap, but it solidifies my boycott.

The ammo situation is a little different, even though it's still not a law like lower receivers, it bypasses the FFL transfer, Martha doesn't want ammo coming through to unlicensed individuals, stupid, yes, but no dealer has to worry about AG regs for lower receivers. In my eyes these companies (PSA) think it's giving the middle finger to the politicians in the state but instead it's directly screwing the law abiding gun owners and "letting the terrorists win". Personally I don't care about PSA cause there shit is crap, but it solidifies my boycott.

I would like to know the grounds for PSA decision not to send a federally regulated item AR 15 lower to a federally licensed dealer? I sent a email asking them.........still waiting. Also as far as I know a striped reciever is not a firearm in mass?
The link the op provided is sold out and is not a complete upper... no CH or BCG.
Its funny I have seen many post of people buying psa and ptac stuff but very little follow up. I only know of one person to buy a ptac upper. I must say it does function.....accuracy? That can be debated on this one. Can you get hits on target inside 100 yards, yes.

I would like to know the grounds for PSA decision not to send a federally regulated item AR 15 lower to a federally licensed dealer? I sent a email asking them.........still waiting. Also as far as I know a striped reciever is not a firearm in mass?
The link the op provided is sold out and is not a complete upper... no CH or BCG.
Its funny I have seen many post of people buying psa and ptac stuff but very little follow up. I only know of one person to buy a ptac upper. I must say it does function.....accuracy? That can be debated on this one. Can you get hits on target inside 100 yards, yes.

I'm curious myself. It's their business not to do it but it seems odd to me.

The PTAC stuff is shitty IMO. A few members posted their uppers and they're pretty rough.

I wonder how many desktop Ninjas here that are trashing PSA have actually OWNED one?????? I own 3, and am thoroughly pleased. I have NO problem with them shipping to me, as I don't live in a commie state, and would not under any circumstances. Oh well, got to go do a few mag dumps in my back yard. (1/4 mile from the "PRM" HaHaHA!)

Palmetto state armory products arent' under fire or being bashed its their policy and that they don't ship a STRIPPED lower to MA its a STRIPPED lower but hey thats their own policy plenty of other companies out there but shipping a stripped lower isn't putting their necks on the line. I'll buy somewhere else no worries

None of this matters. Just buy it from someone else, problem solved. You're not going to get a legit answer from them, if they're not willing to even tell dealers what their reasoning is.

-Mike

They actually don't have to explain it, its just one of their policies and its not going to change but there are other stripped lowers out there that are around that price.

"Consumer Protection" has nothing to do with sales TO an FFL in MA, therefore there isn't a damn thing any AG can do to any non-MA entity selling legal items to a MA FFL.

It's their company and they can make whatever rules they want, but this is super-stupid as there is no exposure for them in selling anything (even new non-AWB compliant guns) to an FFL in MA. It is on the MA FFL to ensure that they don't sell certain things IN MA but they certainly can sell to non-MA customers thru another FFL transfer in Free America.

Ammo is very different since it was being shipped to consumers directly and thus the AG has all the power in the world to stop those legal sales . . . just ask any of our AGs and they will confirm this! [rolleyes]

Just ignore the ignorant companies like this and move on . . . plenty more fish in the sea.

Back
Top Bottom