Changing a glock to a compensated?

Is it "doable" to change a glock from standard to compensated?

The serial # of the glock is on the barrel and slide...but I see that you can buy replacement barrels.

Can you buy a barrel and slide to convert to a compensated?

You need to buy a new slide, but it can be done. You can also modify your existing one. I recommend the first option.

You need to buy a new slide, but it can be done. You can also modify your existing one. I recommend the first option.

Any idea where you can buy one?

It's not a problem that the serial #'s are both on the slide and the barrel? I can replace these with no issues?

There are a couple of ways you can do this. I would recommend buying a threaded barrel and a screw on comp. The next best option would be to modify the existing slide and ad a ported barrel. Only the serial number on the frames matters as that is "the gun" under federal law. The rest is just parts.

There are a couple of ways you can do this. I would recommend buying a threaded barrel and a screw on comp. The next best option would be to modify the existing slide and ad a ported barrel. Only the serial number on the frames matters as that is "the gun" under federal law. The rest is just parts.

Awesome.

Thanks for the info.
I think what I want to do is port the slide, perhaps buy a new one from Glock and then buy an aftermarket or factory barrel that's ported. (hopefully matching the slide)

You don't necessarily need a new barrel or a new slide. Send your gun to Magnaport. They will CNC mill trapezoid shaped holes in both, and you'll have the comped gun that you desire.

You don't necessarily need a new barrel or a new slide. Send your gun to Magnaport. They will CNC mill trapezoid shaped holes in both, and you'll have the comped gun that you desire.
Definitely a good option but probably more expensive. 129.50 + shipping both ways. A stock compensated barrel from Glockmeister is 140 dollars + shipping. It's a bit of a wash though because the Magnaporting might work better.

Thanks Cross-X that was exactly what I was looking for.

Perhaps I'll keep the stock barrel, buy an aftermarket non-ported, a 9mm conversion and have Magnaport port both of the aftermarkets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom