Changes to Missouri deer hunting limits and season length

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
We are inundated with deer here in So. MO...last evening there were 10 deer (that I could see) in our side field, mostly does and fawns but a couple of decent bucks still in velvet as well...probably checking out eligible does.

This year (23-24 season), most of the counties here have increased the antlerless deer limit from 2 to 4 deer in addition to one antlered deer as well (that hasn't changed) so conceivably, I could take 5 deer this season. Also, they have lengthened the season by 10 days. Each tag costs me $9. I don't need an actual license as I am a resident that has turned 65.

Maybe I should've bought a larger freezer last year...[grin]

Me thinks I'm going to need another box (or 2) of 30-30 rounds. I'd better start looking now.

We are inundated with deer here in So. MO...last evening there were 10 deer (that I could see) in our side field, mostly does and fawns but a couple of decent bucks still in velvet as well...probably checking out eligible does.

This year (23-24 season), most of the counties here have increased the antlerless deer limit from 2 to 4 deer in addition to one antlered deer as well (that hasn't changed) so conceivably, I could take 5 deer this season. Also, they have lengthened the season by 10 days. Each tag costs me $9. I don't need an actual license as I am a resident that has turned 65.

Maybe I should've bought a larger freezer last year...[grin]

Me thinks I'm going to need another box (or 2) of 30-30 rounds. I'd better start looking now.
WTF do you need 20-40 rounds for?

Didn't you ever see The Deer Hunter?

One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.

[laugh]

Glad they upped your doe tags, needs to be done in more places with high deer numbers! As much as MA sucks, I get 7-8 doe tags and 2 buck tags so at least that is one small thing decent about living in this F'd up state. Good luck, hope you drop a few a few!!

WTF do you need 20-40 rounds for?

Didn't you ever see The Deer Hunter?

One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.

[laugh]
The two I got last year were dropped in their tracks with one shot each, but I was shooting pretty much at my range limits with a 30-30, about 135-140 yards. I can't guarantee I could do that every time plus I think I only have 4 rounds left. I need to check that.

Glad they upped your doe tags, needs to be done in more places with high deer numbers! As much as MA sucks, I get 7-8 doe tags and 2 buck tags so at least that is one small thing decent about living in this F'd up state. Good luck, hope you drop a few a few!!
You shoot 8 does a year?

Back
Top Bottom