• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changes to Missouri deer hunting limits and season length

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
We are inundated with deer here in So. MO...last evening there were 10 deer (that I could see) in our side field, mostly does and fawns but a couple of decent bucks still in velvet as well...probably checking out eligible does.

This year (23-24 season), most of the counties here have increased the antlerless deer limit from 2 to 4 deer in addition to one antlered deer as well (that hasn't changed) so conceivably, I could take 5 deer this season. Also, they have lengthened the season by 10 days. Each tag costs me $9. I don't need an actual license as I am a resident that has turned 65.

Maybe I should've bought a larger freezer last year...[grin]

Me thinks I'm going to need another box (or 2) of 30-30 rounds. I'd better start looking now.

We are inundated with deer here in So. MO...last evening there were 10 deer (that I could see) in our side field, mostly does and fawns but a couple of decent bucks still in velvet as well...probably checking out eligible does.

This year (23-24 season), most of the counties here have increased the antlerless deer limit from 2 to 4 deer in addition to one antlered deer as well (that hasn't changed) so conceivably, I could take 5 deer this season. Also, they have lengthened the season by 10 days. Each tag costs me $9. I don't need an actual license as I am a resident that has turned 65.

Maybe I should've bought a larger freezer last year...[grin]

Me thinks I'm going to need another box (or 2) of 30-30 rounds. I'd better start looking now.
WTF do you need 20-40 rounds for?

Didn't you ever see The Deer Hunter?

One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.

[laugh]

Glad they upped your doe tags, needs to be done in more places with high deer numbers! As much as MA sucks, I get 7-8 doe tags and 2 buck tags so at least that is one small thing decent about living in this F'd up state. Good luck, hope you drop a few a few!!

WTF do you need 20-40 rounds for?

Didn't you ever see The Deer Hunter?

One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.

[laugh]
The two I got last year were dropped in their tracks with one shot each, but I was shooting pretty much at my range limits with a 30-30, about 135-140 yards. I can't guarantee I could do that every time plus I think I only have 4 rounds left. I need to check that.

Glad they upped your doe tags, needs to be done in more places with high deer numbers! As much as MA sucks, I get 7-8 doe tags and 2 buck tags so at least that is one small thing decent about living in this F'd up state. Good luck, hope you drop a few a few!!
You shoot 8 does a year?

Back
Top Bottom