• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changes at Riley's - Is This Just a Revamping of the Store ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been to Riley’s or Shooter’s Outpost for at least nine or ten months. When I was at them last week, I noticed some changes at Riley’s and am asking if anyone has more information.

Rileys

The “NFA” section has been reorganized, there is now a long glass counter with most of the supressors, it is in an “L” shape to the original glass counter which is still there. The free standing rack of used rifles and shotguns that was in that section is gone.

Before, there was a variety of used AR platforms and shoguns on the wall rack in this area – DPMS, WW, Bushmaster, etc. Say there were three or four dozen in total. Now there are almost only used and new Colt ARs here and fewer shoguns, perhaps two dozen in total for both ARs and shotguns

The NFA section has a different selection, other than the supressors the only NFA item I saw was an AR SBR. There used to be more and a variety of items; the last time I was there, there was a Reising, an AR180, an 870 SBS and the like.

The ammo section has been moved to the area between the silencer section and the reloading section. They still have all the military and case lots of ammo in the section between the handguns.

Has the management or ownership changed? Or did they just decide to revamp the store and this is a routine remodeling?

Shooter’s Outpost

There are far fewer used ARs than there were the last time I was there. There used to be a couple of dozen in one area, all the way over past the end of the main pistol counter and on the farthest wall. Last week, there were only two. In the rest of the store there were only two more moderately priced used ARs for a total of about four (two S&W and two Rugers) in the six to eight hundred dollar range. They still had a selection of used ARs on the wall (to your left as you are at the top of the staircase) where they were before, but these were in the 1000 dollar and up range. Is this just that people are buying up the used ARs in case the election goes badly?

They have moved the NFA items to next to the staircase on the first floor; where they used to be on the second floor is now a big glass-cased SIG display like they have at the Kittery Trading Post.

Also, they have a lot more used handguns and long guns than they did before. The last time I was there they had maybe a dozen used handguns, now there were about forty; there had been maybe a dozen used rifles now there were about two dozen (including a Gew 43 for eight grand).

Someone told me that Riley's changed hands again after Ralph sold it a while back. No idea if that's true or not. The place really could use some fixing up.

I went to shooters outpost without stopping by Riley's for the first time the other day.

Riley's used to beat shooters outpost pricing at least for reloading.

Berry's bullets .45acp 230gr FMJ are $67 at outpost and over $70 at Riley's.

Mosin nagants are about $100 cheaper at shooters outpost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t been to Riley’s or Shooter’s Outpost for at least nine or ten months. When I was at them last week, I noticed some changes at Riley’s and am asking if anyone has more information.

Rileys

The “NFA” section has been reorganized, there is now a long glass counter with most of the supressors, it is in an “L” shape to the original glass counter which is still there. The free standing rack of used rifles and shotguns that was in that section is gone.

Before, there was a variety of used AR platforms and shoguns on the wall rack in this area – DPMS, WW, Bushmaster, etc. Say there were three or four dozen in total. Now there are almost only used and new Colt ARs here and fewer shoguns, perhaps two dozen in total for both ARs and shotguns

The NFA section has a different selection, other than the supressors the only NFA item I saw was an AR SBR. There used to be more and a variety of items; the last time I was there, there was a Reising, an AR180, an 870 SBS and the like.

The ammo section has been moved to the area between the silencer section and the reloading section. They still have all the military and case lots of ammo in the section between the handguns.

Has the management or ownership changed? Or did they just decide to revamp the store and this is a routine remodeling?

Shooter’s Outpost

There are far fewer used ARs than there were the last time I was there. There used to be a couple of dozen in one area, all the way over past the end of the main pistol counter and on the farthest wall. Last week, there were only two. In the rest of the store there were only two more moderately priced used ARs for a total of about four (two S&W and two Rugers) in the six to eight hundred dollar range. They still had a selection of used ARs on the wall (to your left as you are at the top of the staircase) where they were before, but these were in the 1000 dollar and up range. Is this just that people are buying up the used ARs in case the election goes badly?

They have moved the NFA items to next to the staircase on the first floor; where they used to be on the second floor is now a big glass-cased SIG display like they have at the Kittery Trading Post.

Also, they have a lot more used handguns and long guns than they did before. The last time I was there they had maybe a dozen used handguns, now there were about forty; there had been maybe a dozen used rifles now there were about two dozen (including a Gew 43 for eight grand).

I am just glad Rileys moved the ammo from in front of the check out line. So much easier to view the ammo..

Oh here we go again... [rofl]

To the op: Now that you've emerged from being under a rock, you will figure that Rileys and SO have been doing the chinese slide puzzle thing in their shops for the past year or so. It's called "market pressure". Rileys didn't have much until SO came along so they are both herking and jiving trying to beat each other. As the consumer, we end up winning from this. Visit both if you want. Buy from both, or one, or the other.

Closing this because this will just turn into another glue factory where people whine about having to show ID to buy ammo at SO or whine about some of the surly/rude salespeople at rileys.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom