Challenge to "arbitrary" concealed carry licensing

I've just read about a case filed in CA against the San Diego sheriff for arbitrary license denials. It seems to me like if this challenge were to eventually succeed on constitutional grounds (which obviously may or may not happen) this would essentially recognize the right to bear arms, and be a great avenue to challenge the practice of issuing restrictions on LTCs in MA.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=5809

The lawsuit is being funded by the NRA / CRPAF Legal Action Project (LAP). LAP is a joint venture between the Nation Rifle Association (NRA) and the California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA) to advance the rights of firearms owners in California.

Why aren't they helping us in the Commiewealth?

Why aren't they helping us in the Commiewealth?

Because CA is a tiny bit larger than MA and has a few more potential NRA members.

CalGuns Foundation and the CA firearms lobby also are willing to litigate. As a result, the SAF is willing to work with the state orgs. The NRA is, and always will be, a johnny come lately when they think they will look good.

CalGuns Foundation and the CA firearms lobby also are willing to litigate. As a result, the SAF is willing to work with the state orgs. The NRA is, and always will be, a johnny come lately when they think they will look good.

Well, that, and they like to maintain this presence to justify continued donations..... if the other orgs get "too uppity" they will surely start taking lots of revenue away from the NRA. Hell, it's visible here... I'd place a fair wager that on average NES has sent more money to GOAL than the NRA.

-Mike

California is the best place to challenge the laws in my opinion. We may not like that much here in MA, but it makes a much bigger splash if CA has their laws overturned on Constitutional grounds. CA has more gun owners than MA and I would think a lot more money to put into a lawsuit. Remember that if this makes it to SCOTUS after McDonald it will very likely impact us. SAF has a long term gameplan that is very well thought out. It is going to take time, but they are going to get rulings on all the items we believe violate the 2nd Ammendment. Support them if you can, and be prepared to have it take a decade or more get the rulings we are looking for. That doesn't mean they will all go in our favor, but rest assured SAF has the best plan in the works.

The CA restrictions go far beyond the MA restrictions. My son is stationed in CA and even though he is a Marine SGT he cannot get a Concealed Carry Permit in San Diego. He is trying to land a job working for a private range as that is one of the easiest avenues to getting a CCP. Otherwise it is a who you know, who you b_ _ _ state.

Back
Top Bottom