Celebrate the 1911 in 2011?

We at Remsport would love to work with you on this 2011 project.
The story with the STI 2011 is this is the model number for their guns built on the plastic composite double stack frame and is named so because the patent for that frame is up for renewal in 2011., We could put together a special slide, frame and barrel, not the STI one but the Remsport products. So get together and put some ideas together. Contact us at Remsport we would like to be the ones to do this for you.
We at Remsport were also thinking about putting together a Scott Brown commemorative AR15 and donate it to GOAL for them to raffle off. The idea is to have Dan Brown and the election date or Scott Brown 1 as the serial number.
I am sure we would need Dan Brown's approval to use his name as the serial number though. Does anyone have a contact or a relationship with Scott Brown's office to possible get this approval?
Thanks
John
Let me know what you think.

How about something like this. Mine is close [wink]

17046_667374214864_30315115_37289417_3921062_s.jpg

Im IN.
I told myself that I need to get these firearms in this order
1. Mossberg pump for home defense
2. S&W J-frame
3.Sig P-something
4. 1911

But after the possibility of either a group buy or some other kind of group action, I'd be down with altering my list a bit [wink]

Search. That frames are not guns under MA law is hardly new and has been discussed here, in detail, many times before. Once the frame is built out, or at least ALL the parts acquired, file the FA-10.

Once the frame is capable of firing a round, (i.e. complete with all small parts, slide, barrel etc) its must be registered via FA-10.

We at Remsport would love to work with you on this 2011 project.
The story with the STI 2011 is this is the model number for their guns built on the plastic composite double stack frame and is named so because the patent for that frame is up for renewal in 2011., We could put together a special slide, frame and barrel, not the STI one but the Remsport products. So get together and put some ideas together. Contact us at Remsport we would like to be the ones to do this for you.

You're killing my bank account..lol. [wink]

Once the frame is capable of firing a round, (i.e. complete with all small parts, slide, barrel etc) its must be registered via FA-10.

Sounds familiar.

Almost like Once the frame is built out, or at least ALL the parts acquired, file the FA-10.

I'd love to do a SV/STI- 2011 group buy. I would only want the frame with a full length dust cover & register it. Then decide when & who will do my build.
Also I'm not into labels or logos. I would want a plain frame.

Last edited:
I'd love to do a SV/STI- 2011 group buy. I would only want the frame with a full length dust cover & register it. Then decide when & who will do my build.
Also I'm not into labels or logos. I would want a plain frame.

I've never seen a label on a gun that couldn't easily be peeled off and I've never seen a logo on the frame. SLIDE, yes; not a frame. Just the manufacturer and serial number, in small letters.

It would have to be an STI. SV has a backlog of orders and would not sell a bare frame.

Just as long as someone puts an update in this thread to check out a Group Buy in the respective forum. Kinda low on cash now, but maybe we can get the buy established for much later in the year. Granted, my bank account "prefers" a buy LATER in the year, I think it'd be good to establish a basics for the buy: like same frame, slide....then we personally customize the rest?
I don't have ANY experience with 1911's aside from shooting one a couple of times. I think they are great guns, and seeing how customizeable they are, makes me want one made for ME.

What do you guys think about making a "standard package" for the group buy if we start one? Also, since it's for 2011, are we then implying the gun must be "finished" in the 2011 calendar year? Like I said, I'd be down for taking on a project like this, but not if the money has to be dropped in a month or two from now.

Just as long as someone puts an update in this thread to check out a Group Buy in the respective forum. Kinda low on cash now, but maybe we can get the buy established for much later in the year. Granted, my bank account "prefers" a buy LATER in the year, I think it'd be good to establish a basics for the buy: like same frame, slide....then we personally customize the rest?
I don't have ANY experience with 1911's aside from shooting one a couple of times. I think they are great guns, and seeing how customizeable they are, makes me want one made for ME.

What do you guys think about making a "standard package" for the group buy if we start one? Also, since it's for 2011, are we then implying the gun must be "finished" in the 2011 calendar year? Like I said, I'd be down for taking on a project like this, but not if the money has to be dropped in a month or two from now.

That's unrealistic because it requires more money than most have on tap at any given moment. Plus there just isn't enough qualified builders in the area to make a deadline like that. These things take time & those people are busy as it is. I just want to get the frame & register it so at least I'll have it. You never know what will happen down the road.

Last edited:
I've never seen a label on a gun that couldn't easily be peeled off and I've never seen a logo on the frame. SLIDE, yes; not a frame. Just the manufacturer and serial number, in small letters.

It would have to be an STI. SV has a backlog of orders and would not sell a bare frame.

Unless you're a company that hires the national champion, but doesn't make a competitive gun. so you just stamp your name on other's stuff [wink]

Attachments

• mm2.JPG
    mm2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
That's unrealistic because it requires more money than most have on tap at any given moment. Plus there just isn't enough qualified builders in the area to make a deadline like that. These things take time & those people are busy as it is. I just want to get the frame & register it so at least I'll have it. You never know what will happen down the road.

ah-ha....thus my ignorance has been thrust into the spotlight...well played rogue

An un-educated man can dream though....

Maybe I could just make "getting a frame and registering it" my goal by the end of the year. Then perhaps try to get it finished by the end of 2011

This offer was not for an STI or SVI frame or gun it was for a Remsport built with Remsport parts. I doubt that we could get many participants for a group buy on full race guns like the ones posted in the photos.

This offer was not for an STI or SVI frame or gun it was for a Remsport built with Remsport parts. I doubt that we could get many participants for a group buy on full race guns like the ones posted in the photos.

Your offer was for a Remsport configuration. My & some of the other posters in this threads intentions was to do a group buy on a SV/STI 2011 frame by itself. Not full race guns.

OH OK.
My offer still stands on the Scott Brown AR15 special addition with a Scott Brown Ser.#. I still could do a special 1911 package if anyone wanted to run it.
Thanks
John

The frames aren't cheap, but I would be in for a group buy.

I hear ya, Building a 2011 is a very expensive endeavor indeed but I figure if we can just get our hands on the frames & register them, then at least we'll have them & we can worry about the money & the build sometime in the future. You never know what will happen down the road if the laws change. For 4-500 bucks it will be a good piece of mind.

I've never done a group buy, but I do believe I would be down for nabbing a frame. What kind of ballpark are we looking at? 4-500 like the previous post states?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom