Case Trimmers

Hey guys just wanted some input from some of you that's been reloading awhile. I have been looking at all the case trimmers out their and the price that goes along with it. I currently just use the the lee with a cordless drill and you couldn't ask for any better for the price, but recently I came across a pile of .223 and I got where I shoot more an the lee is just take's to much time.The Giraud looks to be the way to go even though it a little more pricey than some of the others and this is what I sure I'll end up with, but a thought had crossed my mind on how I could Mod the Lee. Well anyway has anyone ever considered using one of the small lathes that Harbor Freight sell's looks like that would work just as good and you have a tool you could use for other things. I'm sure someone out there has had to try this.Well I'm sure I'll end up with the Giraud but that sure makes a great excuse for a new shop tool.

Thank's
Makitaman60[smile]

Get either the Giraud, or a Gracey. If you get the Gracey, get a carbide cutter. Leave the junk at Harbor Freight. You'll end up getting a good trimmer in the end.

I have an RCBS power trimmer that trims, chamfers, and de burrs all in one operation. I thought it was a pretty good deal at $180 (Natchez).

FWIW, Forester has a case holding fixture for a drill press. You can chuck up a piloted cutter and use the depth stop to control the trim length. Still have to deburr, but you can get a deburr tool holder for the drill press or cordless screwdriver.

B

When your doing those special loads for ten or twenty rounds I don't mind taken a little more time like exact matched trim lenth and case weight, but just for plinking and you have alot to do that manual stuff gets old quick. Like Tim the Tool-Man I got to have more POWER. I have looked at the Gracey but I'm still leaning toward the Giraud not in no rush to purchase anything, thank's for all the inputs!
Makitaman60

I have a Gracy that sits on the shelf. Too much of a PITA to set cutters up. I got a carbide one from Bob Jones and that is worse than the HSS cutters that came with the Gracy. I find it easier to use the Forester with a screw gun.

I would get a Giraurd.

B

Back
Top Bottom