Carrying at the Big E in Springfield

Concealed carry is prohibitted at the Fryeburg Fair in Maine too.

An off duty officer was actually arrested for concealed carry last year.

I believe that is becuase in Maine it is illegal to carry anywhere that a business prohibits... At least it is like that in Portland. I don't believe there are any laws on the books like that for Massachusetts.

All Springfield youts are given free admittance to the grounds that day. Every year gets a bit worse. Last year crowds of people were pepper sprayed due to crowd violence. The year before teens would grab on to the wrists of other kids and run through the crowd knocking people to the ground. They call it Bull running.
On this day alone police presence at the fair is more then doubled

Yup, I'll pass, I think I'll just make my weekly visit to Four seasons instead and grab some more lead and Brass.

Ahh! Lead and Brass...it's like Christmas don't' ya know.[wink]

Was there today. Large signs and a booth right outside the ticket entrance to search bags. Keep it hidden and it's a non issue. Large police presence since Deval Patrick was there. He was at arm's length from me in the MA state building. He seems alot shorter in person than on TV.

My wife an I are going to the Big E fair out in Springfield this weekend. Wanted to carry for the trip but just learned on the website that firearms are not permitted on the fairgrounds. Anyone with any experience know if security is checking for this or not. I do not feel comfortable leaving it locked up in the car while I am at the fair all day.
They have metal detectors and are wanding people at the gates!!

My wife an I are going to the Big E fair out in Springfield this weekend. Wanted to carry for the trip but just learned on the website that firearms are not permitted on the fairgrounds. Anyone with any experience know if security is checking for this or not. I do not feel comfortable leaving it locked up in the car while I am at the fair all day.

They have metal detectors and are wanding people at the gates!!

Only 13 years (?) after...

I still carry there, not gonna say how, but YMMV of course. They do have metal detectors and wands at the gates.

New guy. Used search. Missed 36 previous answers. Over-looked new folks thread New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4.

Result?

as post 36, at most he missed 34 previous answers ;)
And his provides new info - previous answers were "there are signs but no scanners." He has updated that there are now scanners.

But you're right - hey @Outdorlife, since @minininjer has been gone so long, allow me to be your welcome wagon! Now that you've made such a great first post, introduce yourself and stay awhile (maybe even consider buying a membership):

Back
Top Bottom