carry in different states

i am taking my son hunting in West Virginia this december, I want to carry my pistol with me, i have access to plenty of rifles but want to show my uncle my new pistol. Any suggestions on who to contact so i dont get in trouble driving thru 7 states with a pistol? Locking it in a lock box until i get to my destination is an option. I will be traveling thru Conn., NY,Penn,Maryland,Virginia, and WVA.

Your only legal option (especially with NY) is under FOPA 1986. Gun and ammo locked up in cases and stored SEPARATELY (in trunk if exists).

As for "carrying" this will vary on what LTC/CCW you have and reciprocity of same. Go to handgunlaws.us and go to each state's law links to see if whatever permits you have are recognized in the state you are traveling in.

I suspect WV is an open carry state, I know VA is. Mass permits aren't useful in very many places, TN is the only state I know of that accepts them.

AE

I suspect WV is an open carry state, I know VA is. Mass permits aren't useful in very many places, TN is the only state I know of that accepts them.

AE

Actually, according to handgunlaw.us, a MA LTC is honored in AK, AZ, ID, IN, KY, MT, MO, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT. Also, MI will honor a MA resident LTC only. (As an aside, this would imply to me that the others would accept a MA non-resident LTC?)

Back
Top Bottom