Carhartt

This shirt is 20+ yo. It’s been worn hard.
It still has a lot of life in it.
I have a “short coat” that is 25. If my gut stops expanding, I can ware it until I’m dead.
I have a short coat I bought for plowing so I wouldn't sit on the bottom of it getting in and out of the truck. That was over 20 years ago, it's still in good shape except for some rust on the buttons. I have a few Carhartt coats, several years ago my wife worked at Sears and they sold Carhartt and lots of winter coats went on clearance so she bought them for almost nothing, they will probably outlive me. I like the Carhartt coats, they are tough and stand up to everything, but just not that comfortable.

Insulated cathartt hoodie was over $200 last timed I checked. And that was at the outlet store up in North Conway.
I don't see any insulated pullover hoodies. But they do have some insulated zip ups, but they are categorized as jackets, not sweatshirts or hoodies and are going for around $100, a couple approach $150. Sounds like the outlet store was selling for more than the regular store.

I heard this morning that Carhartt has also joined Bidens mandates. you would think that a company that caters to the working man would have second thoughts especially since the Supreme Court has struck it down. Like dicks sporting-goods they will suffer also. I will boycott all of Carhartt clothing and I think I might even make a video burning some of it. Corporate idiots!!!
I dont think enough people give a shit.
I own some stuff
I have a pair of the heavy duty work pants and for what the cost $69 ? They are holding up well. So for the price point of some of their stuff ALOT of people are not going to give a f***.

I haven't bought any Carhartt stuff in years, their quality has been going downhill fast the last 10 yrs or so and the prices keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Carhartt is a fashion statement

Just like 95% of guys who drive pickup trucks as a personal vehicle.

Just sayin'

lol, what a ghey response. Don't feed the troll. Oh, and no Harley here, I have a Yamaha but I'm sure that's even more gay, lol!

He said non-Harley owners were poor. I said they were gay. You obviously are not familiar with the term "busting balls". When did this place get such thin skin? JFC take a joke for once before you go whining about "trolls".

Insulated cathartt hoodie was over $200 last timed I checked. And that was at the outlet store up in North Conway.
I think you may have misread the price. Their most expensive Sherpa-lined hoodie is under $100. All of their jackets except one are under $200.

I don't see any insulated pullover hoodies. But they do have some insulated zip ups, but they are categorized as jackets, not sweatshirts or hoodies and are going for around $100, a couple approach $150. Sounds like the outlet store was selling for more than the regular store.
Zip up hoodie.

the best jacket i've ever owned is the carhartt j141. i've owned 3 of them over the last 20 yrs. they have now replaced it with a cheap quality version. i was pissed when i found out a couple months ago. now, not so much. lol. i will find a new brand i guess.

the best jacket i've ever owned is the carhartt j141. i've owned 3 of them over the last 20 yrs. they have now replaced it with a cheap quality version. i was pissed when i found out a couple months ago. now, not so much. lol. i will find a new brand i guess.
Ahhh. Maybe that’s why the prices have come down there using cheaper shit🤔🤔🤔

You know your bike is gay when the Harley guys are calling you gay LOL. j/k, I'm a Harley guy, or was until I sold my Bike. huh, no bike right now, so does that mean I'm less gay than everyone else? :)
The only time it’s gay to own a MC is if all of a sudden you get tattoos and buy all biker style clothes after getting the bike.

I don’t own a MC only because I’m not coordinated enough to drive one safely but I wish I could, they are fun.

This jacket is still warm and I wear ever time I work outside or plow snow. Bought back in 96, this is washed and clean, I just can't get the baked in dirt, grease and oil stains out of from years of working on HD Eqp and welding. Years of working in oil grease and crawling in and around Eqp to weld or do service work it got caked on, but it also made it very water proof LOL.
The boots I always trust to Uncle Sam, even when steel toe was needed I would sneak/wear these, the only boots that could keep my feet dry and warm at night.

Attachments

• KIMG0978.JPG
    KIMG0978.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 24
  • KIMG0979.JPG
    KIMG0979.JPG
    417.7 KB · Views: 24
Why would I give a shit what the company policy is? It's not like they're saying if I wear their pants I have to wear a mask.
I buy mostly Dickies now. I'm always getting glue and urethane all over them, so I might as well buy the most inexpensive work pants I can.

I get where you're coming from, but there's apathy, and then there's simply not putting energy into a battle you won't win.

Let's say there is a boycott. How much of a boycott will it need to be for a private company to change how they feel like doing things? And if the "working man" stops buying from them, but they have a market in the "trendy kids" then they'll just do the smart business thing and go to where the money is.

Be interesting to see how the boycott pans out. But if all it is is folks who buy a few hundred dollars worth of jackets/hats and boots every few years from them....I doubt it's going to hurt their wallet enough to care.

Dick's is a good example. Tons of calls for boycotts. So much ranting. Did nothing. They're still in business. Kept their policy. And their stock is what...almost 3x what it was?
The problem with trends is they end.

If you want to cater to both that's fine and make some extra cash. But don't alienate your base... see nascar.

Jerking yourself off virtue signaling in a boardroom making people get shots is great until sales come in.

20% decrease in sales because you pissed off the guys who wear your stuff and use it to work is nothing to sneeze at.

Country music is a perfect example of this all the idiots that go to country fest in the northeast wouldn't be caught dead drinking shine on a double wide porch down here. But the guys who started the trend were marketed as good looking farm boys who made women swoon and betas want to be them. Carhart did the same shit. Now they're trendy and hip

Next month something else will come along and carhart will have alienated it's base and that influx is gone

Although the ceo won't give a flying f he'll leave at the first sign of trouble and they'll bring in someone else to kill the brand or revive it

I just paid less than $80 for a heavy weight lined sweatshirt at a gun shop in NJ. Online they are running about $80.00.

I have one of their heavy lined hooded jackets that I paid about a hundred for this year., Kept me warm in the single digit temps here the past few weeks. Even the wind didn't cut through it.

The electricians, plumbers, pipefitters and HVAC guys I know work pretty hard and they love their boats, motorcycles, RV's, etc. Good for them.
40K for a HD? Not likely unless you are buying a CVO...which is overpriced.
Most decent ones are 24 to 25K. Same as many Hondas these days. Indian is right about the same in cost factor.

Back
Top Bottom