• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carhartt

I heard this morning that Carhartt has also joined Bidens mandates. you would think that a company that caters to the working man would have second thoughts especially since the Supreme Court has struck it down. Like dicks sporting-goods they will suffer also. I will boycott all of Carhartt clothing and I think I might even make a video burning some of it. Corporate idiots!!!

I heard this morning that Carhartt has also joined Bidens mandates. you would think that a company that caters to the working man would have second thoughts especially since the Supreme Court has struck it down. Like dicks sporting-goods they will suffer also. I will boycott all of Carhartt clothing and I think I might even make a video burning some of it. Corporate idiots!!!

They cater the the same type of men who buy workboots to sit in a cubicle and the occasional snow shoveling. [smile]

...I think I might even make a video burning some of it.

Why? I don't understand this, unless you're stealing it from the plant and burning their trucks as they're loaded at the factory. If you buy it and burn it, all it does is pay them and you're out. This doesn't hurt them, but it does hurt you. Maybe tear off the label or draw an "X" through it?

I bought one of their coats last year, first new coat I've bought in decades, and I'll be damned if I'm burning that. Besides, I really like the coat. It was -15 this morning and I didn't feel a thing. I don't like the pants much, I prefer Tractor Supply or Dickies. I won't have to replace this coat for a while, but I'll keep wearing it - but I may sew a US Flag over their brand.

Apparently it's a fashion statement now. My wife sent me a tik tok meme about wearing Carhartt but not doing Carhartt work.
Seriously lol their shirts are uncomfy as hell.

I have a long sleeve that I use to clear brush in that I'm reasonably sure could stop a bullet but it is damn uncomfy and their pants suck.

The jackets tho are whats up i have a few that are 7-10 years old

I've never really been impressed with Carhart gear. Maybe they're beanie caps. I have a few of their coats but I'm not particularly impressed by them. My wife buys them for me because she sees all the farmers and workers wearing them around here. I usually have to bundle up underneath the heavy coat whenever I go out for any length of time.

I'll take old school boot cut wranglers and a military surplus wool sweater any day.

They make one USA union made line of work wear

Everything else, probably 90 percent of their shit they make in Mexico and China.

And we are boycotting them why? Because it's a private company that does what it wants?

That said...I don't give a shit about Carthartt.....I buy Dan's Briar Proof. Made in Ohio. Don't give a shit about their vax policy, but likely since its the Amish...they don't have one.

Although I probably missed it and we are boycotting the Amish to for some reason or another....i can't keep up with the boycotts

Last edited:
I've never really been impressed with Carhart gear. Maybe they're beanie caps. I have a few of their coats but I'm not particularly impressed by them. My wife buys them for me because she sees all the farmers and workers wearing them around here. I usually have to bundle up underneath the heavy coat whenever I go out for any length of time.

I'll take old school boot cut wranglers and a military surplus wool sweater any day.

I think their original gameplan was to make relatively (compared to fashion brands) cheap work clothes that you didn't feel bad about getting covered in paint, dirt, chemicals, etc. And they did deliver on that front for a while. The one summer I did a painting gig, it was either Carhart or Dickie's pants because they could be had for like $25/pair and had hammer loops. They weren't magically better than any other pants. Just disposable.

But I bet those prices have slowly risen with their fashion forward approach now. The urban/hip hop market picked up on the brand in the 90's and they're pretty much catering to that crowd these days. And I bet that market bought for the same reason at first. Cheap clothes.

Everything else, probably 90 percent of their shit they make in Mexico and China.

And we are boycotting them why? Because it's a private company that does what it wants?

That said...I don't give a shit about Carthartt.....I buy Dan's Briar Proof. Made in Ohio. Don't give a shit about their vax policy, but likely since its the Amish...they don't have one.

Although I probably missed it and we are boycotting the Amish to for some reason or another....i can't keep up with the boycotts
They are one of the biggest and most unscrupulous operators of puppy mills in this country. I wouldn't give them a dime.

Apathy is one of the reasons we are where we are.

I’m not perfect nor am I preaching. I mean, f***, I use Amazon occasionally! However, I do my best to vote with my dollar and support companies that share my ideals. Implementing vax mandates is not one of those ideals.

Apathy is one of the reasons we are where we are.

I’m not perfect nor am I preaching. I mean, f***, I use Amazon occasionally! However, I do my best to vote with my dollar and support companies that share my ideals. Implementing vax mandates is not one of those ideals.
I get where you're coming from, but there's apathy, and then there's simply not putting energy into a battle you won't win.

Let's say there is a boycott. How much of a boycott will it need to be for a private company to change how they feel like doing things? And if the "working man" stops buying from them, but they have a market in the "trendy kids" then they'll just do the smart business thing and go to where the money is.

Be interesting to see how the boycott pans out. But if all it is is folks who buy a few hundred dollars worth of jackets/hats and boots every few years from them....I doubt it's going to hurt their wallet enough to care.

Dick's is a good example. Tons of calls for boycotts. So much ranting. Did nothing. They're still in business. Kept their policy. And their stock is what...almost 3x what it was?

Last edited:
Jesus, they have a shop in the ritzy part of Paris. Well, that explains alot about recent quality decline I noticed.

As I mentioned in another thread, I just bought some new Carhartt socks last week. Inferior quality compared to pairs I bought 1-2 years ago.

Working outside every winter since I was basically 14 snagging carriages at Star Market….I never understood why guys would spend 3 bills on a f***in sweatshirt. It’s always been overpriced and mostly junk. Now before my fellow tradesman chime in with thier Carhartt hoodies on, I have survived 23 winters and counting working outside every winter with the tools and never spent a nickel on that shit. I did just fine with no name and military surplus clothing. Go woke Go broke has claimed another victim. So like Diane Frankenstein said….”Mr. and Mrs. America turn them all in!!!”….Carhardtt Clothing that is.🇺🇸

Here you go OP.....FWIW I was shocked too, I had no idea. I finally figured out why my damn teenage daughters stole all my carhartt hats.

1642789692104.png

I knew all that FarmAid money was going somewhere...

1642789807211.png

a company that caters to the working man
As others have said, that's only a portion of their business now.
They've got models and others wearing their stuff now, their lines in Europe are considered somewhat "snobby" and fancy.

"In recent years, which the firm has described as a 'growth period', Carhartt caps and coats have turned up everywhere from playgrounds to the Golden Globes."

When Hollywood starts wearing your stuff to award shows, you're not really "of the working man" anymore.

I'd be surprised if a boycott did much of anything.

According to Gallup, supposedly 55% of workers support vaccine mandates at work (skeptical, but that's the poll for what it's worth).

I've owned a couple Carhartt things in the past for practical usage; no idea where they are now.

Working outside every winter since I was basically 14 snagging carriages at Star Market….I never understood why guys would spend 3 bills on a f***in sweatshirt. It’s always been overpriced and mostly junk. Now before my fellow tradesman chime in with thier Carhartt hoodies on, I have survived 23 winters and counting working outside every winter with the tools and never spent a nickel on that shit. I did just fine with no name and military surplus clothing. Go woke Go broke has claimed another victim. So like Diane Frankenstein said….”Mr. and Mrs. America turn them all in!!!”….Carhardtt Clothing that is.🇺🇸
$300 for a sweatshirt. I have a carhartt hoodie, paid about $29 for it. Looking on their website, I see the same pullover hoodies ranging from 40-60 bucks.

lol, what a ghey response. Don't feed the troll. Oh, and no Harley here, I have a Yamaha but I'm sure that's even more gay, lol!
You know your bike is gay when the Harley guys are calling you gay LOL. j/k, I'm a Harley guy, or was until I sold my Bike. huh, no bike right now, so does that mean I'm less gay than everyone else? :)

Back
Top Bottom