Car jacker killed in VA

I wonder if the people charging him have ever been violated like that or put in that position? My guess is not. If they ever have been I'm sure they wouldn't be charging the guy.

Whether or not someone else would have handled the situation differently. Anyone who commits a crime like that deserves whatever they get

The boyfriend deserves a medal and the perp deserved what he got.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the media will be fair and honest...

Who am I kidding, they're going to basically paint the perp as an innocent saint who got a raw deal in life, and there for isn't his fault...

I don't even know what to say about this. It's truly disgusting. You can't even defend your loved one's without having to worry about the threat of prosecution afterwords.

Pretty much what would happen in a shithole like Massachusetts. Apparently VA is such a shithole too.

In a case like this, I think MA might even be better that VA. There have been 3 or 4 incidents in the past 6 months where people have fired at perps, at least one of whom was in the act of fleeing, and none were charged. The fact that this man was threatening the life of the GG's girlfriend and they're still charging him is sickening.

Last edited:
I'd think the whole "robbing his girlfriend at gun point" would lead to a lawful self defense... not murder charges. thats messed up

There has got to be more to the story. The only eye witness accounts are coming from the shooter and girlfriend. Perhaps the police found something in their investigation that discredits their story. I would hope this is the case because as laid out so far this is quite an injustice.

There has got to be more to the story. The only eye witness accounts are coming from the shooter and girlfriend. Perhaps the police found something in their investigation that discredits their story. I would hope this is the case because as laid out so far this is quite an injustice.

that's what I was thinking. [thinking]

I was thinking more along the lines of having to do with shooting him 6 times. You know in MA they'd nail you on that, claiming the threat was removed before the 6th shot.

I would say they are watching too many movies

Watch the video, they say through the night the police were not charging him and apparently believed it was self defense, then in the AM they charged him with 2nd degree, definitely more to the story.

Last edited:
That is kind of crazy. If you've made the decision that you need to shoot to protect yourself or someone else, I would expect the gun to be completely empty after the incident. No ones going to take a shot, and then waste 5 seconds seeing if the perp is incapacitated before you shoot again.

I would say they are watching too many movies

Watch the video, they say through the night the police were not charging him and apparently believed it was self defense, then in the AM they charged him with 2nd degree, definitely more to the story.

+1 Something is not adding up

What weapon did the BG have? I think that is the source of the problem, as is the guy not keeping his mouth shut.

I was thinking more along the lines of having to do with shooting him 6 times. You know in MA they'd nail you on that, claiming the threat was removed before the 6th shot.

Yeah - exactly. If the threat is still coming, keep shooting...but there is a point of excessiveness / nuetralization. Though you could simply be in fear for your/her life and "freak out" too.

I more wonder about mitigating circumstances. My first thought was "what aren't they telling us?"

Either way - if it was truly defense of another then VA is fkd up! We shouldn't have to FEAR defending ourselves.

but there is a point of excessiveness / nuetralization.

Hey, I was just offering a theory. In my book, if you pull a gun on me or someone else in my presence, there is no point of excessiveness. You aren't sure a threat is neutralized unless it's not breathing. People can operate quite some time with gunshot wounds that prove to be fatal.

Note the end of the story - no charges filed initially and then he was charged later.

Withholding judgement until more information is made available. On the SURFACE of things it sounds like he's getting royally screwed, but on the SURFACE of things that Marine on the plan in Logan sounds like the shoebomber. More an example of the rush to print w/o all the info then anything else.

Back
Top Bottom