Can't remember

True, but I doubt many dealers will sell one without an FID or LTC (pistol), even though not required by law.

Considering dealer ignorance/paranoia, I wouldn't be surprised if they did an FA-10 on it either! A number of my airguns were sold with FA-10s required by dealers! <DOH>

I thought that was the case.

My bro wants to buy a blackpowder gun to hang over his fireplace..purely decoration. He has one of the 'lifetime' FIDS that the state ripped us off over some years ago, and didn't know if he's have to go the 'renewal' process just for a BP gun. Seems crazy to pay about a hundred for a 'safety' class, then another hundred for the FID 'fee' just for something to hang on the wall.

I'll let him know it's not needed in 'smart' shops. If he has a problem, I may just buy him one for his birthday.

Hell, just take a little time off next weekend and drive to Hew Hampshire or Vermont. If nobody want's to sell him a perfectly legal product one here, why bother with them. There are plenty of places in other states that would be happy to have his business. Besides, that way he won't have to pay sales tax to the PRofMA.

Ken

Didn't they have to put trigger locks on a black powder gun at the statehouse or something just after Chapter 180? I don't know if that is something he'd have to worry about.

Coyote33 said:
Didn't they have to put trigger locks on a black powder gun at the statehouse or something just after Chapter 180? I don't know if that is something he'd have to worry about.

IIRC, they fixed that idiotic blunder.

There are many mail-order places that will sell you either the entire gun, or even more fun, one of the kits. The kits are great, because you can stain/finish the wood any way you want, and they are much less expensive.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom