• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can't complain about the renewal process in Mansfield

Step 1: Pick up state-standard application at main desk of PD.
Step 2: Fill out application and return to main desk with check.
Step 3: Have appointment for prints and picture made as you drop off the application.
Step 4: Show up at the time set.
Step 5: Picture, prints, and sign official application copy.
Step 6: Leave with handwritten receipt for the check and MIRCS receipt for the application submittal.

That's about as good as I think you can expect. Shouldn't matter how long it takes going forward from here (officer said "a month or two"), because the MIRCS receipt keeps the old LTC alive until the new one is issued or denied. As a side note, the MIRCS receipt has apparently become the DCJIS receipt.

Last edited:
Actually, perhaps I can.

Here we are, 7 weeks after submitting the renewal application and, per the state update line, my renewal is still "Pending Review" at the town level. :rolleyes:

Actually, perhaps I can.

Here we are, 7 weeks after submitting the renewal application and, per the state update line, my renewal is still "Pending Review" at the town level. :rolleyes:
Unpossible. Have to get it done in 40 days.

Perhaps they're waiting for the dove to bring it, instead of an olive leaf?

7 weeks is 49 days. take off the 14 non business days (sat & sun) and we're at 35 days. still got 5 days to still be on schedule.
Pretty sure the law says 40 days - nothing about "business days."

In fact, here's the relevant text:
The licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing

Final score:

My LTC submitted on 6/1, ready for pickup (why can't they just mail it?) on 9/7 (99 days).
My wife's was submitted on 7/1, ready for pickup on 9/21 (83 days).

Could be worse, and both of us have the new ones well before the old ones expire. Starting 6 months early does that.

Back
Top Bottom