• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

cant find any turkeys

Well, that does it for me, and for the spring season.

Got back out to Harold Parker - absolutely dead, only noise going on was from me and from the geese. Almost had a nice nap though. Ended up leaving at about 9:50, someone south of me started firing off with something full auto, and I learned the hard way that poorly trained beagles and their moron owners like decoys.

I did see a red squirrel the size of a cat though.

There ARE turkey in Mass, right?

There ARE turkey in Mass, right?

tons in lexington near the national heritige museum i bagged one with a suv last year he flew right in front of me i thought i hit a friggin eagle or something by the wingspan it had when i saw it

Yeah nothing for me either. I didn't spend nearly enough time scouting though. Hey anyone wanna buy a nice camoflage 1187?! Just kidding. I'll try again in the Fall while I'm visiting a buddy in western MA. Right now I'm going nutty trying to be at the right place at the right time for Stripers!

I get tons of them here as well, in fact my chickens have been known to wander off with them and then they are back a few days later.

Its like they have a circuit that they travel and my place is just one stop on that 3-4 day tour.

Must have been 20 of them in my yard about an hour ago! LOL! they love my yard for some reason!

I get tons of them here as well, in fact my chickens have been known to wander off with them and then they are back a few days later.

Its like they have a circuit that they travel and my place is just one stop on that 3-4 day tour.

Your chickens wander off with them, like it's some sort of fowl music tour? That's funny.

A decent sized hen walked across the rifle range on Sunday. We had a cease fire while she decided where to go back into the woods. When she was out of danger we fired a few rounds and it did not bother her one bit. It was like she was deaf... like my wife accuses me of all the time...

My box calls were on the back porch last week. Before school my 5 year old son goes back there and starts playing with them. He runs in and says "Daddy, I hear a turkey!!!" I am "Say sure you do." I go back out there with him, he hits the call and.... Gobble!! Gobble gobble!!! He calls in a nice longbeard strutting and gobbling his fool head off right up to the swingset!! [smile]

It's weird, come May 3rd, all the Gobblers go into hiding. Three days left in the season, and I have yet to see one bearded turkey.

I really think they know about the 500 ft rule.
Maybe they do, except it's 300' here, so apparently they must also know political boundaries.

No sign of a turkey now. Do they just lay low all Summer, or is it just that there is so much more cover now?

They are out there, planning their hiding place for the fall season.

Almost hit one on 495 in Wrentham yesterday at about 7am.

I spoke too soon. Had to stop in the road near Wachusett Country Club to let two hens cross this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom