Can We all file complaints?

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoterminal&L=2&L0=Home&L1=Civil+Rights&sid=Cago&b=terminalcontent&f=civilrights_MA_Civil_Rights_Act&csid=Cago
I was on the AG's web site and noticed a link to this page which allows you to file a complaint if you feel your "Civil Rights" are being/have been violated. Could all of us (MA firearms enthusiasts) file complaints that our 2A rights are being violated by the state? The way I see it, the bill of rights is essentially a list of our "Civil Rights" in order of importance, so a fairly important one is being stifled by the laws of the commonwealth. Politics and future suitability issues aside, it would be comical to flood the AG's office with these complaints.

Disclaimer: This post is a poor attempt at comic relief, I know what they (the AG's office) mean by civil rights. I know complaining would do no good, in fact it may create more harm. I know my thoughts are nonsensical, and do not expect anyone to take me seriously. That being said feel free to respond.

I serious complaints were filed politely and with sincere language, I think it would not be a bad idea.

actaully, I think that is a great idea.

I think that if they got 400 - 500 complaints about the AG regs on firearms and "the list" and the license issuing, they couldn't ignore it completely.

They may, but hey, worth a shot IMO. Can't hurt to try it.

I think it's a great idea. However I think a response that includes some references to WHY you think your civil rights are being violated - with references to things like the 2nd amendment, the MA constitution, court cases - and commentary from reasonable individuals - would go much further than just a random bitch letter.

What if someone wrote a good letter and we all attached our names to it?

Sort of petition style.

Some of us just aren't good writers.

I think the sentiment is nice but I think the end result would just
be some droid/intern at the AG's office being made to earn their
pay filing all the letters that will likely never be read by anyone but
the droid.

IMO the only words that office would ever understand are "Lawsuit"
and "federal indictment" Well, that, and maybe a bunch of
angry citizens with guns, torches and pitchforks, but I'm not holding
my breath when it comes to the latter. [laugh]

-Mike

I have tried sending letters to the AG in the past. I got canned responses from a staffer and when I reiterated that the canned response didn't address my questions I was ignored. Basically you get one canned response to each issue and ignored after the one response.

Back
Top Bottom