Can the Firearms Records Bureau make mistakes or lie? [Answered]

I submitted my LTC application in Wakefield (greentown) on January 29th and got processed on March 3rd. Since then I called the frb about 3 times waiting about 2 weeks between each call. Every time I asked about the status I was told it was “in draft” and the police hadn’t sent it in yet. Yesterday I emailed the police to ask if I was denied and they said they had issued it on the 28th of March and shipped it out. I’m not sure who to believe, does the FRB ever make mistakes? I have my FID as well maybe they confused the applications?
Yes, the FRB both makes mistakes and lies on occasion.
If they sent out your LTC, it won't go to you, it goes to your police department.

No. You need to buy a gun immediately! Even if it turns out not so good. [rofl]

I got my LTC and immediately went and bought a PPK/S. Hey, if it's good enough for James Bond it's good enough for me. That PPK/S became my biggest safe queen for over 35 years until I sold to a fellow NES member about 6 weeks ago. He got a good deal and I got it out of my safe,
are you sure he got a good deal?

You can tell us, f*ck the buyer. [laugh]

If it was processed, you will get it. The person you spoke to at FRB doesn't know how long it takes to get it there. Any huge business that mails out paperwork, whether it be a license, a bill, a check etc, takes time. It has to be printed, verified correct info and then mailed out.
It took mine two weeks to get to my PD after they "mailed" it out.

Last edited:
Wait til Maura gets into the Govs seat! She despises gun owners! She will create so many obstacles to get or renew your permits!

I submitted my LTC application in Wakefield (greentown) on January 29th and got processed on March 3rd. Since then I called the frb about 3 times waiting about 2 weeks between each call. Every time I asked about the status I was told it was “in draft” and the police hadn’t sent it in yet. Yesterday I emailed the police to ask if I was denied and they said they had issued it on the 28th of March and shipped it out. I’m not sure who to believe, does the FRB ever make mistakes? I have my FID as well maybe they confused the applications?
Would our Government lie.....rhetorical perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom