Can the Firearms Records Bureau make mistakes or lie? [Answered]

I submitted my LTC application in Wakefield (greentown) on January 29th and got processed on March 3rd. Since then I called the frb about 3 times waiting about 2 weeks between each call. Every time I asked about the status I was told it was “in draft” and the police hadn’t sent it in yet. Yesterday I emailed the police to ask if I was denied and they said they had issued it on the 28th of March and shipped it out. I’m not sure who to believe, does the FRB ever make mistakes? I have my FID as well maybe they confused the applications?

I'm a little confused, did they mean that they mailed it to you?
"Good morning Frankstah,

It has been issued and was mailed out to you on 03/28/22."

That's the only reply I got in the email, but In said email I asked why the FRB said it was "in draft" almost a month after processing and if that meant I was denied. So I'm not sure if they mean the license has been sent to me, if it has been sent in to the FRB or if they just mean they sent me a denial.

"Good morning Frankstah,

It has been issued and was mailed out to you on 03/28/22."

That's the only reply I got in the email, but In said email I asked why the FRB said it was "in draft" almost a month after processing and if that meant I was denied. So I'm not sure if they mean the license has been sent to me, if it has been sent in to the FRB or if they just mean they sent me a denial.
If they're saying it has been issued then it was approved and mailed out to you sounds pretty self explanatory

Does sound confusing. The FRB, not your PD.

I am sure that, being a government agency, they can have it wrong from time to time. That's me being "kind" to them.

But, congratulations on the license. and, as far as being on NES...

They sure do make mistakes but just like everybody else in gov't., they all love to pass the buck too! This allows for a six hour or less workday and an extended lunch break!

It’s a state government institution. In the State of Massachusetts. Dealing with a segmnent of the population that the entire state government despises.

Of course they make mistakes. They don’t care.
Have you ever seen a job opening posted there? Me neither because it’s a hack job like the rest of state government.

So what gun did you buy? That’s usually how it goes. Get license in hand then buy something the same day.

Probably gonna go to a range first and see what I feel comfortable with first.

Good. I was being a bit facetious, LOL.

You're sorta far away from MFS, but that's probably the best-regarded rental range in the state. A lot of what you settle on is going to depend on the ergonomics, but even before you think about that? Just consider what you're most likely to use this for.

Good luck, and welcome. It'll be a fun ride.

Probably gonna go to a range first and see what I feel comfortable with first.

No. You need to buy a gun immediately! Even if it turns out not so good. [rofl]

I got my LTC and immediately went and bought a PPK/S. Hey, if it's good enough for James Bond it's good enough for me. That PPK/S became my biggest safe queen for over 35 years until I sold to a fellow NES member about 6 weeks ago. He got a good deal and I got it out of my safe,

No. You need to buy a gun immediately! Even if it turns out not so good. [rofl]

I got my LTC and immediately went and bought a PPK/S. Hey, if it's good enough for James Bond it's good enough for me. That PPK/S became my biggest safe queen for over 35 years until I sold to a fellow NES member about 6 weeks ago. He got a good deal and I got it out of my safe,

...I mean, at least it cleared out a huge amount of space...

Back
Top Bottom