Can someone define a Educational collector

BriMac

Dealer
I asked for a copy of 520 CMR 7.00 and was sent this.

1 of 1 DOCUMENT

CODE OF MASSACHUSETTS REGULATIONS

*** This document reflects all regulations in effect as of Nov. 28, 2008 ***

TITLE 520: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 7.00: THE SALE OF AMMUNITION, AND THE SALE, RENTAL OR LEASE, AND THE POSSESSION AND CARRYING OF FIREARMS, SHOTGUNS, RIFLES AND MACHINE GUNS [REPEALED]

520 CMR 7.01 (2008)

7.01 - 7.09: [Repealed]

So did the do away with Educational collectors of firearms ?
Thanks
Brian

Wow, you got my stumped. 520 CMR 7.00 currently involves regulations for safely digging trenches. The only reference I could find to what you found is from a 1969 legal journal. It's clearly pre Chapter 180, so it's probably of nothing but historical interest.

Ok, I serendipitously today figured out why you were asking this question. [smile]

Still don't have an answer, but since the regulation was repealed it doesn't really matter.

Ok, I serendipitously today figured out why you were asking this question. [smile]

Still don't have an answer, but since the regulation was repealed it doesn't really matter.

Could you enlighten us mere mortals? My serendipity isn't working today. [wink]

Could you enlighten us mere mortals? My serendipity isn't working today. [wink]

Dealers can sell non-AG approved guns to Educational Collectors. So the obvious question is, "Cool, how do I get to be an Education Collector?" Unfortunately it looks like the regulation that defined them was repealed, so it's a dead end.

Dealers can sell non-AG approved guns to Educational Collectors. So the obvious question is, "Cool, how do I get to be an Education Collector?" Unfortunately it looks like the regulation that defined them was repealed, so it's a dead end.

Yep, I missed that slant on it. Thanks for spreading the serendipity around. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom