Can I upgrade to ALP when I move?

I'm moving from Cambridge to Quincy and would like to get my LTC A Restrictions(target & hunting) removed and changed to ALP.
1 issue, I just renewed my LTC 2 years ago when I was in Cambridge so I didn't know if I could just "renew early" at the Quincy PD for ALP.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Only if Cambridge is willing to "expire your LTC early", then Quincy can issue a new one that is unrestricted (but will only do so if you are >25 yo). Otherwise you are screwed until such time as your current LTC expires in 4 years.

Only if Cambridge is willing to "expire your LTC early", then Quincy can issue a new one that is unrestricted (but will only do so if you are >25 yo). Otherwise you are screwed until such time as your current LTC expires in 4 years.

Thanks for the tip.
I am over 25.
I've never heard of that option.
You can request an "early expiration"?
Is there a "grace period" for when my current LTC expires to when I apply in Quincy?
I'm just afraid of any period of time without a LTC and Quincy PD maybe inquiring of this.
Is this a common method for others that's moved into GREEN town from a RED one?

This has been beaten to death here at least 100 times over the years.

The process is talk with both towns to see if they will do what you want and if they agree to work with each other. Have both town PDs talk with each other if so. FRB has told me that you would have the same grace period as anyone renewing a LTC.

This is the only way to do this. The issuing PD "owns" that LTC until expiration, so the new town can't modify it or even suspend/revoke . . . everything has to be done only by the issuing authority.

Back
Top Bottom