Can I sell Sig P239 10 round Mags?

I bought these off the net about a couple years ago. From what I understand they are considered Hi-capacity. If I sell these will some guy in a suit and sunglasses pay me a visit? [thinking]

TIA,
Paul

Shouldn't be a problem, they only hold 10 rounds. I have one and I got
it from a certain 4 letter company that will not ship anything over 10 rounds
to MA.... I dunno who told you they're high capacity, but anything 10 and
under certainly is not.

-Mike

I bought these off the net about a couple years ago. From what I understand they are considered Hi-capacity. If I sell these will some guy in a suit and sunglasses pay me a visit? [thinking]

WHERE did you get that bizarre impression from? As has been covered here MANY times, "large capacity" for a rifle or handgun is over 10 rounds. Suit and sunglasses are no big deal; check for the earwigs and flag pin on the lapel...

Originally posted by Scrivener:

WHERE did you get that bizarre impression from? As has been covered here MANY times, "large capacity" for a rifle or handgun is over 10 rounds.

"Oh please forgive me your honor, I'm fat." (Hey forum kiddies... what movie, based on a rugged Alaskan hockey team, is that from??? [thinking] )

Sorry teach, I was absent the day you covered that. [grin]

Thanks Mike. Believe it or not, I knew that anything over 10 rounds is considered high capacity. I just forgot. [smile] But after recently looking at these mags online, I got caught up in seeing them touted as Hi-Cap mags because they hold two more than the standard mags.

Paul

check for the earwigs and flag pin on the lapel...

I used to work security (at all of about $6.00 an hour) at a building in NJ where the local office of the Secret Service was located. I never could figure out why they were called the Secret service; I could tell every one of them by that uniform: earwigs, flag on the lapel, suit...

I also never figured out why they needed a rent-a-cop there, either... especially an unarmed one. [rolleyes]

I used to work security (at all of about $6.00 an hour) at a building in NJ where the local office of the Secret Service was located. I never could figure out why they were called the Secret service; I could tell every one of them by that uniform: earwigs, flag on the lapel, suit...

I also never figured out why they needed a rent-a-cop there, either... especially an unarmed one. [rolleyes]

They were being kind to midgets! [laugh2]

It was an "equal opportunity" job! [laugh]

I knew that anything over 10 rounds is considered high capacity. I just forgot.
Most all Massachusetts gun laws are online and easily found.

If you can't remember where they are or have lost the link, simply google for "mgl chapter 140"

The top link returned by google will take you to the correct place:

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/gl-140-toc.htm

The appropriate section for what you are looking for is 121:

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm

Scroll down just a bit and you'll find the definition for a large capacity feeding device:
“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

The laws in MA are complex. It's a real good idea to actually read the laws.

Pardon my ignorance but what the hell is an earwig?

If we told you we'd have to kill you!

Seriously, an "earwig" is a small, wireless receiver that fits in the ear much like a hearing aid. What, you never watched The Unit, NCIS, or West Wing? [rolleyes]

for about 2 minutes. That was all I could stand. It was like being in the same room as Bill Clinton. And Hitlery. [puke]

Guess you missed the stellar episode where John Goodman becomes President and issues a standing order to fire on any plane that does not respond to instructions after 2 warnings:

I don't care if the plane is carrying my mother on her way to visit HER mother - NO-ONE plays "chicken" with the U.S. Air Force!

Back
Top Bottom