Can I Sell a Gun to Someone From Mass?

It feels weird to ask that, but I have been studying the posts in this forum. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5254

Its a lot of clutter in there. I guess I don't understand very well how to go about it. In so many words, I guess I am asking if its okay to sell handguns or long guns to a Mass resident here on NH soil? What do I need? Do I need to make sure they have the Mass handgun license?

If someone would kindly give me a few tips on selling/buying with Mass folks, I would be greatly thankful! [grin]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a rifle, the gun can be sold via FFL in NH or MA. If transfered in NH the buyer would have to file form FA10 when he returns.

If it is a pistol, the gun has to be transfered by a MA FFL.

If the buyer is C&R FFL, and the rifle or pistol is C&R eligible, then he is his own FFL and can do this on his own.

Thanks everyone. This pretty much clears it up for me. I did not mean to be repetitive because I know this subject probably has bann discussed a number of times here. Sometimes its debilitating being a newbie, but you guys have helped a lot. I definitely won't make any mistakes selling a gun incorrectly to someone from MA... or anywheres else for that matter! [laugh] You poor folks in Massachusetts got it bad. I do not mean that in a bad way, just saying that your state has your second-amendment rights in a stranglehold. My olny advice there is to join every group you can and never support any politician or party that advocates gun control.

Transfer?

Define Transfer?

Do you mean that I cant borrow a friends gun to go hunting in another state? And they cant borrow mine?

We cant all afford a Moose,Elk Rifle and a Praire Dog gun for every type of hunting

Like shoot Hogs in Oklahoma or Ducks in Mass or Virginia etc..Etc..

What if I leave my guns at their houses so they can use them and visa versa?

Last edited:
NE Charters,

A fuzzy gray area.

"Transfer" means that ownership changes hands. That is crystal clear, regardless of money issues.

"Loaning" is a different area and as long as there is an understanding (written would be best) as to who owns what, (IANAL) I don't see anything wrong with what you mentioned.

There is a prior thread discussing when a purported "loan" is likely to be considered a pretext for a transfer of title.

Back
Top Bottom