Can i buy an AR-15 from someone else.

She didnt say to who. You can sell it out of state.

ETA, it used to say that on the q&a, but now it doesn't. It appears to be a fluid document

Last edited:
It's perfectly clear isn't it?

"In fact, people who have purchased these guns over the years in good faith, believing they were able to purchase them, can keep them and they can resell them if they wish.” “But, on a forward going basis we want to be clear that the law in fact, prohibits the sale of these kinds of guns.”

Ummm... So which is it?

This is what she is good at... creating confusion. Thus far she has been unable to clearly and effectively communicate anything to the public.

This is what she is good at... creating confusion. Thus far she has been unable to clearly and effectively communicate anything to the public.

No you idiot. It must be perfectly clear. Dealers stopped selling them so that's indicative the laws are clear, concise, and we all know what to do! Gosh....

:rollseyes:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

"The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016."

So transfer is okay, with no distinction with regard to buyer/seller. Got it.

got it

the Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

Last edited:
It's perfectly clear isn't it?

"In fact, people who have purchased these guns over the years in good faith, believing they were able to purchase them, can keep them and they can resell them if they wish.” “But, on a forward going basis we want to be clear that the law in fact, prohibits the sale of these kinds of guns.”

Ummm... So which is it?

I read this as:

No, it's illegal, please sell it so we can jam you up at our discretion and prove our political clout to the entire country and further our agenda.

The anti's and fascists (but I repeat myself) are basically at the "live in fear or comply, you are the oppressed minority" stage.

i have a registered lower, which hasn't had an upper on it for about 2 years now, i'll sell it to you for $800
i'll even throw in an A2 butt stock and carbine buffer/spring

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

Like I said. The fascists are in control.

The fact I'm not speaking in hyperbole right now is the concerning part. Because normally when I talk like this is general histrionics looking to make a point. Well, today, and since the 20th, it's been truth.

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

I can read this two ways. The first way is that if you obtained it prior to the 20th you're now free to own, possess and transfer it after the 20th. The second is that any transfer of the firearm had to have occurred prior to the 20th

I can read this two ways. The first way is that if you obtained it prior to the 20th you're now free to own, possess and transfer it after the 20th. The second is that any transfer of the firearm had to have occurred prior to the 20th

I can't take it anymore.....[thinking]

I can't take it anymore.....[thinking]

That's the plan brother, that's the plan.

Compliance is the goal. And dont' worry, they will send men holding these very firearms to you to ensure your compliance. And you'll be a watercooler joke to them when it's all said and done.

It doesn't talk about who. It talks about the WEAPON. If the WEAPON was acquired before July 20th then ownership, transfer and possession of that WEAPON will not be prosecuted under this new and unexpected interpretation of the law. In a sense, the WEAPON itself is blessed within MA... gonna be important to show a paper trail of ownership on transfer, isn't it? Keep your receipt...

It doesn't talk about who. It talks about the WEAPON. If the WEAPON was acquired before July 20th then ownership, transfer and possession of that WEAPON will not be prosecuted under this new and unexpected interpretation of the law. In a sense, the WEAPON itself is blessed within MA... gonna be important to show a paper trail of ownership on transfer, isn't it? Keep your receipt...
If you sell it after June 20, however, it has then been transferred after June 20 and is no longer blessed.

Regardless of all of that, she clearly said that all of them are illegal, she is electing not to prosecute at this time. There are no blessed weapons other than the pre-94 ban weapons.

If the latter is true, then it would include prohibited firearms from being passed on to ones children, grandchildren, left in a will, etc..

Back
Top Bottom