• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Camping pellet stove recommendations

Hi
I'm considering getting a pellet stove for my next camping trip. I've heard that they're more efficient and easier to use than wood stoves, but I'm not sure if they're worth the extra cost. Has anyone used a camping pellet stove? What did you think of it?
Thanks for any response..

Last edited:
I've tried a few different camping pellet stove, and they're definitely convenient, but the weight is a concern for me. I do a lot of backpacking and canoe camping, so I need gear that's lightweight and packable. The pellet stoves I've seen are just too bulky for my style of camping. I'll stick with my ultralight wood stove for now.

Last edited:
Esbit stove?

1704724594926.png

Don't mess with that. I have a lifetime of experience trying different camp / backpacking stoves and a Snow Peak like this is your best option for ultralight weight and performance-

1704724789038.png

We tried one (allegedly sized appropriately, per the maker) for a 10x12 Canvas wall tent while hunting the special PA late flintlock deer season in January and we found it sorely lacking for heat.

-Convenient? - Yes
-Efficient? - Maybe…
-Summary … poor heat quantity/quality compared to wood, plus the fuel availability that’s all around you - Fail

pellet stove for camping?

this question has got to be a troll. but i will play

go f*** yourself

Esbit stove?

View attachment 836806

Don't mess with that. I have a lifetime of experience trying different camp / backpacking stoves and a Snow Peak like this is your best option for ultralight weight and performance-

View attachment 836807
Aha, it's a ridiculous question about wood pellets for heat, not chemical pellets for cooking.

Someone is attempting some free advertising. Also that link has AIDS.

Back
Top Bottom