Got the ok to purchase camper- recommendations.

Not in the market but was wondering about the Northern Lite slide in campers.
They look like a nice unit on the outside as I’ve seen a few up here lately.
Love truck campers, no taxes, registration, etc, plus I can tow my enclosed trailer behind it. Just bought my 3rd one, a Northern Lite 10-2. Setting it up now, looking forward to using it.

Love truck campers, no taxes, registration, etc, plus I can tow my enclosed trailer behind it. Just bought my 3rd one, a Northern Lite 10-2. Setting it up now, looking forward to using it.
How do you like the construction of the Northern Lite? I was very impressed with the construction when I walked through them in a few years ago. At the time, they were way ahead of the competition.

How do you like the construction of the Northern Lite? I was very impressed with the construction when I walked through them in a few years ago. At the time, they were way ahead of the competition.
The 2 piece fiberglass clam shell resulting in one seam is nice and they back it up with a 6 year structural warranty. They weight the campers on the way out, so having the actual weigh is a plus. I really like dry baths but I ended ordering the wet bath on the 10-2. To me the dry baths on the NL are a hybrid, you are still showering with the sink next to you, plus I would have lost the pantry if I ordered the dry bath. Almost ordered the glass windows but stuck with the acrylic, jury is out on that. I was leaning towards the u shaped dinette but ended up with the face to face, the table is larger and more stable with the face to face. Note sure on the cabinet/drawer closure system, I feel my Lance was much better. I like the under mounted jacks, really stable plus you can actually store the camper on the jacks.
A big negative for me is the huge bumper patio, I tow a trailer so it would require me to put a much longer hitch extension on which I do not want to do plus the stairs come straight back making them useless with the trailer. The dealer put me in touch with Northern Lite and I worked with them on building me another bumper, basically only the tube for the sewer hose. I'm going to have a platform fabricated so the stairs will come off to the side and the stairs and platform will fold up during travel. Much like the Fox landing system that Arctic Fox has. I suppose to be receiving the other bumper in the next week or so.
I wanted a hard sided camper so my choices were limited, it was Northern Lite or Bigfoot. I did give some consideration to Arctic Fox but decided against them because of their weight and access to the camper (bathroom) with the slide in.

Back
Top Bottom