Calling all experts - can it be that I simply cannot handle Glock (19)? I shoot

Are you saying you hold the trigger back while you insert a mag and chamber a round?

You can't do that unless you cock the slide first and pull the trigger. And if so, what's wrong about it? I am talking about range shooting only. What's the difference between this and when you re-load​ magazines with the slide back?

You can't do that unless you cock the slide first and pull the trigger. And if so, what's wrong about it? I am talking about range shooting only. What's the difference between this and when you re-load​ magazines with the slide back?

I don't follow what you're saying, but it is a major violation of gun safety regardless. This is why bullets leave the range.

Almost never shot DA with 92, or SA.
BTW - you can technically skip the DA with the Glock as well if you keep your trigger pulled back when re-loading, or after clearing the gun and still holding the trigger, load mag, pull the slide...you'll then be in SA and ready to shoot when trigger re-connects.
I'll definitely have to try pulling with full finger all the way and yes - it did look awkward when I first got the Glock (when placing the tip only on the trigger).

Huh? Glocks are not DA/SA.

Are you suggesting that you hold the trigger back while inserting a magazine and closing the slide?

They only go to SA/ DA when the selector lever is on full auto.

i squeeze my glock 19 extra hard and it goes full auto.

also i squeeze the trigger while reloading so that it slamfires and makes for interesting range experience.

of course i blame the gun anytime people get scared.

Are you suggesting that you hold the trigger back while inserting a magazine and closing the slide?

I am not suggesting anything, but since you sound so alarmed about it - please explain what is the difference between this and act of shooting. Doesn't the slide go back when you shoot, loads another round, you then reset the trigger and shoot again?

I am not suggesting anything, but since you sound so alarmed about it - please explain what is the difference between this and act of shooting. Doesn't the slide go back when you shoot, loads another round, you then reset the trigger and shoot again?

Three rules of gun safety. Follow them and you will never have an AD. It's so simple.

Three rules of gun safety. Follow them and you will never have an AD. It's so simple.

Can you please answer the question, or are you just going to be the smart guy who throws something in the air?

the difference is that the gun cycles in .05-.07s, you don't have time to release and then get back on the trigger. You are not manipulating the gun during this time. When you do a reload with you finger on the trigger, you are manipulating the gun, press mag release, pressing slide release. It is very easy to release your finger and then repress while this is going on. The chances of an ND is great increased for zero benefit.

It violates rule #2. When in the act of reloading, you are not ready to shoot. The finger goes on the trigger only when you are aligned on the target and ready to fire.

I understand what you are saying but you can be ready to shoot, you are pointing at the target; you drop your mag while pointing at the target and re-load.

Can you please answer the question, or are you just going to be the smart guy who throws something in the air?

Do not put your finger on the trigger until you want to shoot. How much clearer could this be?

Yes, the gun shouldn't fire when the slide closes because it has a disconnector. Don't bet other peoples' lives on it. There is no legitimate reason, ever, to hold the trigger back when you close the action.

the difference is that the gun cycles in .05-.07s, you don't have time to release and then get back on the trigger. You are not manipulating the gun during this time. When you do a reload with you finger on the trigger, you are manipulating the gun, press mag release, pressing slide release. It is very easy to release your finger and then repress while this is going on. The chances of an ND is great increased for zero benefit.

Fair enough. Reasonable explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

you still need to release the trigger to reset the sear, so what is the benefit?

Avoiding DA, remain in SA.

It is a safety violation. That sort of lack of trigger discipline will eventually lead to a negligent discharge.

Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. If you are reloading the gun, you aren't ready to shoot and your trigger finger has no business being on the trigger.

If you keep doing that, eventually you will end up doing things out of order and unintentionally pull the trigger after you have closed the slide.

Last edited:
The reason I would NEVER EVER DO THAT is because you fight like you train, and train like you fight. If you keep practicing like that, and god forbid you need to use your firearm, it will become muscle memory and you're going to have a really bad habit clouding your distressed manipulation of your firearm under a life and death adrenaline dump.

You might do the BG's job and shoot yourself or an innocent person. If you think this is an acceptable thing, then you should give up your guns and pee yourself should anyone ever cross the line into lethal force. At least you'd be less of a threat to innocent bystanders this way.

it's hard to imagine that this thread could get even more f-ing retarded, but it did

this thread reminds me of when kids are on the playground arguing over who's pet parakeet is smarter.

everyone on this thread is confused (except me of course).
let me set things straight:

-glocks have DA/SA de-cocker level on the slide. it's definitely there but it's quite tiny so almost nobody ever finds it. you just have to look really hard. this lever will toggle the gun from "striker fire mode" over to "SA/DA"

-all glocks can go full auto. you just have to squeeze the shit out of the trigger and it will work. if it fails it's because the human lacks faith....it's similar to the force, you must believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom