Cali Gun Ban

Senator Steinberg told the Sacramento Bee that “no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It’s ridiculous."

They do our side a service by being so blatantly ignorant about the issue.

Wow. Looks like Kalifornia will only have Liberals, Illegals and Criminals left when they pass this. And it will be fun watching every law abiding citizen leave that State since we thought we were safe with the Supreme Court... And sadly, I am stunned this has not reached MA yet... Matter of time and I am hitting the road when the SHTF.

[popcorn]

What is the idea behind this bullet release button? Besides being a pain to deal with at the range why even bother? Do they think that will stop a homicidal maniac from going on a rampage? I fail to see the concept here i guess [thinking]

What is the idea behind this bullet release button? Besides being a pain to deal with at the range why even bother? Do they think that will stop a homicidal maniac from going on a rampage? I fail to see the concept here i guess [thinking]

It is to mess with the gun owners and beat them into submission. There was also a "pistol-like grip stock" AR due to the laws in that effed up State. http://californiarifles.com/
When politicians meet to write gun laws, the result is always baba champ...

evil-stan-clone.jpg

Ya, the California gun laws make the Mass. gun laws look perfectly reasonable by comparison. Seriously, even the DAs don't understand them they are so opaque.

As for the bullet button, this can be removed temporarily or permanently in less than two minutes. I watched guys from Cali do it at front-sight.

This is what happens when a whole state political aparatus becomes completely and totally urbanized. Cali has 37 MILLION people in it. 90% of those live in urban areas greater than 1 million people.

Urbanization is the great enemy of gun rights IMO. Worse than the wacko Brady's. None of these jackasses have ever SEEN a gun outside the movies or a news-story.

Everytime I hear they have an earth quake I wish that place would just drop right off in the ocean. Hopefully the liberals, lowlife's and movestar left will forget how to swim.

The idea is ALL magazines are supposed to be fixed. So to load your AR, you need to pop the rear takedown pin and load rounds into the mag with the gun disassembled. Sounds real safe, right?

The bullet button is a way around the 'fixed magazine' law as having to remove the mag with a tool is considered 'fixed'.

If you think this is bad, take a look at their 'what is an assault weapon' flow chart.

The idea is ALL magazines are supposed to be fixed. So to load your AR, you need to pop the rear takedown pin and load rounds into the mag with the gun disassembled. Sounds real safe, right?

The bullet button is a way around the 'fixed magazine' law as having to remove the mag with a tool is considered 'fixed'.

If you think this is bad, take a look at their 'what is an assault weapon' flow chart.

The Cali gun law should be called the "scary gun feature law." If the gun has a "scary feature" as defined in the law and used a hi-cap mag, it is required to have a fixed mag of 10 rounds or less that can only be removed by a tool. But, if you remove the scary feature(s), you can lock and load hi-cap mags normally. Stupid Cali lawmakers.

Some of the Cali-legal features you can add to your AR or AK to remove scary features are sold here. I've actually bought the rear extended takedown pins from RifleGear for my ARs to make it easier to field strip and clean them.

My daughter lives in Cali and as I near retirement I am watching the gun laws in states that I may move to - even if it's just a few months of the year.

Last edited:

Here's the issue. To pass the Assault Weapons Ban, they needed a way to differentiate a "hunting rifle" from an "assault rifle" other than the later's ability to to selectively fire multiple rounds with a single trigger pull (since those were already covered)

They decided on "removable magazine" however, every magazine is removable if you disassemble the firearm, so what makes the removable magazine of an AR-15 or AK-47 different than the internal magazine of a common hunting rifle? The later needs a tool to remove the magazine!

So, california gun manufacturers developed "The bullet button" accessory for AR-15s, which is effectively a shroud that covers the magazine release such that it can not be depressed with a finger. The hole in the shroud allows a .223 bullet to press the shrouded mag release button (hence the name bullet button) so that the internal magazine can be disassembled from the rifle and reloaded or replaced.

Once that successfully beat court challenges, accessor manufacturers introduced gloves with a finger mounted tool for depressing the shrouded button, and opperating a bullet button equipped AR becomes nearly identical to opperating a conventional AR.

They do our side a service by being so blatantly ignorant about the issue.

Wrong.

They're playing to their constituency. They may not be as well-informed about, or interested in the details of the Evil Guns, but they're saying what the majority of the voters that elected them, want.

My general rule is "Never blame on mailce what can be explained by stupidity," but these pols are not stupid - they did, after all, manage to get elected!

SB 249, if it were to become law, would categorically ban all “maglocked” semi-automatic firearms that are in common use, such as those which use the Bullet Button device. SB 249 does not provide for any grandfathering of existing firearms nor does it have a method of compensating gun owners for the firearms the proposed law would require to be destroyed or removed from California. The net effect would be what is perhaps the single largest unconstitutional government taking in California history.
That's one reason why it will fail.

Yee is the same jizz catcher that tried to take on the video games industry for being too violent. Guess what, he failed, and games aren't a right. Lot of stupid things have and do happen in CA, but this has no legs. Harris is a dumb ass from SF that presided over helping add crime to the city. Neither have the guff to make anything like this happen.

Last edited:

Yee is the same jizz catcher that tried to take on the video games industry for being too violent. Guess what, he failed, and guns aren't a right. Lot of stupid things have and do happen in CA, but this has no legs. Harris is a dumb ass from SF that presided over helping add crime to the city. Neither have the guff to make anything like this happen.

You really felt the need to neg rep me with this comment because I had no idea that there was a such thing as a bullet button in CA?

Too busy with your head in the sand to know what's up outside of New England. Tsk Tsk. You are still amusing to me though, so you still have value to me.

Yee is the same jizz catcher that tried to take on the video games industry for being too violent. Guess what, he failed, and guns aren't a right. Lot of stupid things have and do happen in CA, but this has no legs. Harris is a dumb ass from SF that presided over helping add crime to the city. Neither have the guff to make anything like this happen.

'games' would sound better [wink]

California, MA and NY need to form their own liberal country. Leave the other 47 states to us.

You're forgetting NJ too. But I think we could make a go of Western MA (and I don't mean just outside the 495 belt [wink]) seceding from MA to become the 51st state (numbers may vary depending on who you're talking to [laugh]).

There are of course the dens of liberals around the colleges that would be a problem...

I remember someone saying that if California outlawed the bullet button, they would be classifying all the guns that use them as assault rifles. Doing this would flood the state with millions of new assault weapons that would need to be registered.

Someone can correct me or tell me what I said makes no sense, but I know I heard something like that on here somewhat recently.

Yes, what the antis don't realize is the state would probably have to have another amnesty where people could register AWs. So thousands of people could register AWs during some time window and have un****ed guns. [rofl]

-Mike

Sucks, it has such a great overall climate/environment/landscape. It's too bad that it's inhabited primarily by creatures that could pass for half retarded primates.

Sucks, it has such a great overall climate/environment/landscape. It's too bad that it's inhabited primarily by creatures that could pass for half retarded primates.

I prefer to think of them as "useful idiots" as those who unwittingly support a malignant cause which they naively believe to be a force for good. Communist sympathizers are typically referred to as this by their leaders.

True to an extent, but without the water stolen from the Colorado River the central valley would not be much of a farmland.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they are looking to have their asses dragged into the Supreme court. It will be a constitutional violation and I'm sure someone will sue over it but these gun grabbers wont give up and neither can we.

One scary possibility if the messiah gets re-enshrined, would be the possible appointments made to the supreme court, which may re-write Heller.

You're forgetting NJ too. But I think we could make a go of Western MA (and I don't mean just outside the 495 belt [wink]) seceding from MA to become the 51st state (numbers may vary depending on who you're talking to [laugh]).

There are of course the dens of liberals around the colleges that would be a problem...

All the non-liberals from MA and NY can move to NH and NJ. All the liberals from NJ will move to NY.

We will just need to wall off these states to protect from any infestation.

You really felt the need to neg rep me with this comment because I had no idea that there was a such thing as a bullet button in CA?

Too busy with your head in the sand to know what's up outside of New England. Tsk Tsk. You are still amusing to me though, so you still have value to me.
Turn about. Whining about it though. tsk tsk.

- - - Updated - - -

'games' would sound better [wink]

GAH! You know what I meant though. Dammit. Going to exercise some revisionist history...

I can't believe you guys are serious right now. There is really a damn bullet button law, isn't there? That is enough posting for me tonight. I feel like I'm going to have a seizure if I try to comprehend any more of this. I'm going to go pour myself a drink...

Thats nothing,You can open carry without a permit if the gun is unloaded but will get harassed everywhere you go. CCW requires a permit but I believe can be carried loaded. Its a screwy state.

Ya, the California gun laws make the Mass. gun laws look perfectly reasonable by comparison. Seriously, even the DAs don't understand them they are so opaque.

As for the bullet button, this can be removed temporarily or permanently in less than two minutes. I watched guys from Cali do it at front-sight.

This is what happens when a whole state political aparatus becomes completely and totally urbanized. Cali has 37 MILLION people in it. 90% of those live in urban areas greater than 1 million people.

Urbanization is the great enemy of gun rights IMO. Worse than the wacko Brady's. None of these jackasses have ever SEEN a gun outside the movies or a news-story.

And lets not forget that the illegal guns in the hands of the gang bangers dont have bullet buttons.No need when your not suppose to have them in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom