Cali Gun Ban

Copied from Snipershide

For Immediate Release: August 7, 2012

SENATOR YEE AMENDS SB 249 INTO A MASSIVE, UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN

CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL KAMALA HARRIS ENDORSES SB 249 REQUIREMENT TO USE DETACHABLE MAGAZINE FIREARMS

Reference: SB 249 Fact Sheet at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uplo...act_sheet1.pdf

SAN CARLOS, CA, AND MADERA, CA – In an egregious and deliberate move to ban hundreds of thousands of legal firearms and harm law-abiding California gun owners, California Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) has amended his bill SB 249 to make possession of all Bullet Button, or “maglocked”, firearms a criminal act as of July 1, 2013. Sen. Yee’s chief-of-staff, Adam Keigwin, has said that California should ban all guns, even bolt-action hunting rifles.

Joining Senator Yee in his effort to take away hundreds of millions of dollars of currently-legal guns are co-authors Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley), Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrence), Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), and Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles).

Explaining his support for the gun ban, Senator Steinberg told the Sacramento Bee that “no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It’s ridiculous."

Also on record as supporting SB 249, the Los Angeles Times reports Attorney General Kamala Harris as saying, “I applaud the Legislature's interest in addressing this problem and support efforts to pass legislation needed to" [ban Bullet Button firearms].

SB 249, if it were to become law, would categorically ban all “maglocked” semi-automatic firearms that are in common use, such as those which use the Bullet Button device. SB 249 does not provide for any grandfathering of existing firearms nor does it have a method of compensating gun owners for the firearms the proposed law would require to be destroyed or removed from California. The net effect would be what is perhaps the single largest unconstitutional government taking in California history.

More, SB 249 would subject gun owners to criminal liability as of July 1, 2013, for the mere possession of firearms that Senator Yee and Attorney General Harris have both said are legal under current law. Ex post facto laws, such as SB 249 would create if passed, are expressly unconstitutional.

Interestingly, however, SB 249 would create a de facto requirement that gun owners , hunters, and competitors in California use only “featureless” firearms, such as AR and AK-style guns employing compliance parts like the Solar Tactical KYDEX Grip Wraps, MonsterMan Grips, or Exile Machine’s Hammerhead Grip, which not only allow for the lawful use of factory magazine releases but large-capacity magazines as well. California does not ban the possession of large-capacity magazines. Wes Morris, owner of Ten Percent Firearms, demonstrates this is an excellent YouTube video you can view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhC8LpHPbRQ.

Senator Yee’s bill is currently before the Assembly Appropriations Committee and is expected to be heard on August 15, though it could be heard as soon as August 8. The bill must pass both the Assembly and the Senate by August 31.

The Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL, through their pathbreaking grassroots initiative platform StopSB249.org, have created many free, easy-to-use tools for you to help combat this massive gun ban. Please forward this message to your friends, family, favorite gun dealers and manufacturers, and your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter. Working together, we can Stop SB 249 - but we need you to TAKE ACTION NOW!

If only these people knew the true meaning behind the Second Amendment. The citizenry is supposed to have the same battle rifles as the state. That's the whole point: To check the state.

I guess they are looking to have their asses dragged into the Supreme court. It will be a constitutional violation and I'm sure someone will sue over it but these gun grabbers wont give up and neither can we.

Someone needs to walk up to him and tell him to his face the reason we have those guns is to shoot people like him when they try to take our freedom.

+1 this

- - - Updated - - -
No,its not a joke. Its California.

Is there really a button on a rifle that can only be pressed with a bullet for some odd reason? Or, is the joke on me. I guess the reason I'm so slow on the joke, if it is on me, is because I wouldn't put it passed CA to do something like that.

What happens in Cali is sure to follow in Mass.

Always does, well...the bullet button hasn't so far.

I can't believe you guys are serious right now. There is really a damn bullet button law, isn't there? That is enough posting for me tonight. I feel like I'm going to have a seizure if I try to comprehend any more of this. I'm going to go pour myself a drink...

Wow. Beyond being totally stupid by limiting the bullet button.... Actually I bet they thought the bullet button was the mag release and wrote it wrong.

I grew up in california and had a fully auto AK... They sure have changed.

I've been following this a little for the last couple of weeks. Senator Yee is unwittingly seeing California for a major game of Second Amendment whack-a-mole. The California AWB is already highly porous and of questionable enforceability. While this measure would ban the bullet button people will stay one step ahead of it by trading in their pistol grips for detachable magazines and the same guns would still be all over the place.

Our west coast friends at the CalGuns Foundation are all over this and I assure you that they will inflict serious hurt on California if SB 249 is passed into law. I'm actually skeptical that it will happen as I don't think Governor Brown will ever sign it.

I remember someone saying that if California outlawed the bullet button, they would be classifying all the guns that use them as assault rifles. Doing this would flood the state with millions of new assault weapons that would need to be registered.

Someone can correct me or tell me what I said makes no sense, but I know I heard something like that on here somewhat recently.

I hope they pass this. When they do, calguns is going to immediately file suit and their BS laws are done for in the federal courts.

Well if this does get passed, maybe this time the revolution will start on the west coast instead of here on the east.

Charles.

Anyone know of a semi auto that shoots a "100 or more" bullets at a time ... does it have "100 or more" barreled actions all connected to the same trigger?

Back
Top Bottom