Cabela's coming to Maine?

Must be rumors. I have heard that there was going to be a Bass Pro shop and a Cabelas coming to MA. Heard one was going to be down around Sullivan Stadium on Rt 1 the other near the intersection of Rt 1 and 495. That was about 6 months ago. ( Is it called Sullivan Stadium?) been so many names I can't remember. I think I am suffering from CRS!

Both outdoor stores are coming to Mass. as far as I know. Finally a place to get bulk ammo from! So many times I've drooled over those bulk ammo deals in the Cabelas catalogs and from what I heard you can have the catalog order shipped to a nearby store by having them get it for you and pick it up showing your Mass FID.

No Cabela's in MA!

Cabela's wanted Plainville to give them tons in tax relief as part of the deal to build the store. Plainville said "no deal" and Cabela's pulled their proposal to move here. Do an Advanced Search here and you'll find the newspaper article with what they were asking (extortion?) to move here.

bass pro is coming, they have a coming soon tag on there map of stores on there web site cabela's will try again they also try to put one of there store near bass pro

They have one in progress in East Hartford,CT. They are in negotations in Hooksett, NH. Nothing is deffinate in NH yet. They are opening all over the country. They are almost done with the one in my old town back in NJ. That one should do well.

Every place they open they attempt to get tax relief but that was the norm in all the corporate developement back in NJ. In the long run it paid off in employment.

That's just what I need another cool place to spend all the money I think I have. first it was the gun shows then Gunbroker.com, then CMP,Cabelas catalogs, Sportsmens guide, what next?[crying]

I've been to the store in Penn off Rt 80. AWESOME place. If you are ever in the area, make the effort to go. Maya got a nice pair of hiking boots on closeout for something like $10. I got a really nice rain shell also on closeout for $15. Drooled over the Gun Library. Literally, was asked to stop slobbering. And the Whitetail Deer display was VERY well done. In all, we dropped like $200 and came away with a ton of gear from her boots to a sauce injector for the next pig roast.

And for lunch, head up the road into Port Clinton and eat at the Port Clinton Hotel. HUGE portions with low prices. A large Fry order will easily feed a family of 4. I won't even begin to tell you how big the steaks are because you won't believe me. My wife and I had sandwitches (also huge - she ate half), fries and sodas and our entire bill with tip was less than $25.

Cabela's is coming to Maine

My friend who lives south of Portland, ME, told me that the planning board, etc. have approved a Cabela's on 87 acres of land in Scarborough. He said it will take a year and a half to complete. The store is supposed to be surrounded by restaurants and hotels with an easy access from the Interstate. He claims it is a done deal. He also says it will be the largest Cabela's in the northeast.

Anyone else have an update?

I passed the Cabelas that is under construction in northern NJ. They started the project a year ago and it lloks far from completion. Usually they throw up these commercial building in no time at all.

A bit more info here: http://www.grondinconstruction.com/?q=node/67

Apparently, there was a bit of a dispute concerning Maine's requirement that the siting of a retail store in-state would require Cabela's catalog sales to charge sales tax to Maine residents. Cabelas argued that their catalog and retail operations are separate corporations, but they eventually caved. Of course, there wasn't any pressure being applied by a particular outdoor company (outdoor clothing, that is) located in Freeport.

Yes it's a done deal supposed to be breaking ground this spring.
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/search/article.aspx?storyid=54844&GID=ABiG1bHR32bZ0Lld+OYT94UCBnS4PAyPBDPKaQY54vc%3D
My friend who lives south of Portland, ME, told me that the planning board, etc. have approved a Cabela's on 87 acres of land in Scarborough. He said it will take a year and a half to complete. The store is supposed to be surrounded by restaurants and hotels with an easy access from the Interstate. He claims it is a done deal. He also says it will be the largest Cabela's in the northeast.

Back
Top Bottom