CA: Polls Working to Abolish Open Carry

For 99.9% of Californians, you can’t carry your handgun concealed, you can’t open carry it loaded, but you can open carry it unloaded. That is unless a growing effort in the state legislature succeeds to make the 2nd Amendment null and void in the Golden State.

Sam Wolanyk doesn’t want to see that happen. He is an advocate for open carry- which in California is legal if the weapon is completely unloaded. To make his point, Wolanyk carries a pistol on his belt with a detached clip on his other hip while he walks around downtown San Diego.

This public display in support of the 2nd Amendment has already created problems with local authorities. Despite the fact that carrying an unloaded handgun in the open is completely legal under California law, in 2010 police drew their pistols on Wolanyk, threw him on the ground, and allegedly said “we don’t care what the law is, you can’t do that.”

Link

Last edited:
California police are notorious for doing the right thing and always being there when needed... Main street California? What a douche.

According to this guy: other people's alleged right to not be uncomfortable trumps your enumerated right to bear arms. Can someone help me find this "right to not be uncomfortable", all I know is that it didn't seem to make the top 10....

According to this guy: other people's alleged right to not be uncomfortable trumps your enumerated right to bear arms. Can someone help me find this "right to not be uncomfortable", all I know is that it didn't seem to make the top 10....

Yeah, I thought that was quite disturbing since that's pretty much all that is backing his argument...

snip:
"...In California, only .1% of the population has a Concealed Weapons Permit- 29 times below that of “Shall-Issue” states ..."

You can carry but not loaded... baby steps...

baby+steps.JPG

Yeah, I thought that was quite disturbing since that's pretty much all that is backing his argument...

snip:
"...In California, only .1% of the population has a Concealed Weapons Permit- 29 times below that of “Shall-Issue” states ..."

You can carry but not loaded... baby steps...

I also couldn't believe when the other part of his argument was that Open carry is wasting police resources because they need to stop the person and check if the gun is unloaded.
Thats so stupid that I'm not even sure of the best way to rebut that...

This totally makes sense because all the gang bangers open carried with their gun unloaded. With that passed no one will be shot because you can only carry concealed if you have a CCW and no one has one of those and it will be totally illegal to open carry. California's crime problem solved.[rolleyes]

I also couldn't believe when the other part of his argument was that Open carry is wasting police resources because they need to stop the person and check if the gun is unloaded.
Thats so stupid that I'm not even sure of the best way to rebut that...

Even better:
You don't need a handgun to order a cheeseburger, you don't need a handgun to get a cup of coffee...
http://www.wafb.com/story/15230555/fourth-mcdonalds-shootout-suspect-arrested...... Portantino, you might want to correct yourself [wink]

Portantino: As of this moment, there have not been and deaths or injuries, to my knowledge, thru open carry. But again, we're here to avoid the trajedy...
I'm confused. Nothing happened, but Ca needs legislation to keep bad things from happening?

Man, I hope Steve Wolanyk took that $35k and bought some REALLY nice, evil, pre-ban firearms.

Back
Top Bottom