C&r

hi I’m new to the c&r world recently got my license. Just wondering what forms I need to fill out when purchasing a c&r gun from another c&r holder. Thanks for any info.

Normally, you would simply swap signed copies (not the original!) of your license with the seller/buyer and that would be that. Fax or scanned copies were fine. Many states, however, are now also requiring paperwork in addition to your C&R license. Whether MASS has that requirement I'm sure someone here will chime in. The whole idea of the 03 FFL C&R license was to eliminate the need for any local paperwork and you could ship eligible firearms (both hand guns and rifles) door to door with no need for an 01 FFL. States are now interfering with that process and many, like here in CT, require you call for a 'transfer' number and complete paperwork. Normally all you would need was to enter any acquisition into your "bound book", no state paperwork necessary but that was back in the "Good 'ol days" of real collecting under the federal C&R regs.

Swap license , enter in bound book , then what ever state laws followed.

I find my CR is only good for the few vendors who still offer discounts for having one.

Back
Top Bottom