C&R Papers Not Coming In?

Hey guys,

I've requested my C&R paperwork via the internet twice (with about a 6 week lag in between requests). About 6 weeks after my second internet request, I requested via phone. I haven't gotten anything in the mail. Is anyone else having this type of experience?

Any ideas on why? Suggestions for what I should do next?

Thanks,
toga

I'm having the same issue. Requested via internet in Dec, requested over phone mid Jan, Still no sign of any paperwork. This is getting annoying. Can't apply for the C&R w/o the application packet! grr.

I heard the ATF was very busy with FFL applicants (this could be a good thing). Though my C&R runs out in 13 months, I sent for my application last week.

I had a similar experience. I requested it twice via the website, finally received it this week (took at least 6 weeks). Sent it back to them today.

I sent request for C&R paperwork and my application for NH non-res permit, both around the second week of January.... I'm currently 0 for 2...

kristo had the same problem. He's requested twice and not gotten anything yet. Not sure exactly how long he's waited but its been a couple of months.

Thanks for the responses. I'm glad I'm strangely glad to know I'm not the only frustrated one.

I noticed that the online form has a spot to request a number of forms. Do you think we would be best served by requesting a few (say, 10) copies so we can share when only one of us gets paperwork?

Yay, the C&R application form just came in the mail today!

Hmm. Does anyone know if you can apply with your spouse as a single partnership, or if you each need individual C&R licenses?

C&R packet info

1 866 662 2750 FFL license department
1 301 583 4696 department incharge of shipping out forms/packets ect ect

I have yet to recieve my "packet" so I called.
Surprise not to be on hold for ever.
Call went as. So you have not recieved your packet, yes. When did you recieve FFL03. jan22. Ok adress please. We will send it out.
Then it went on like this. We have changed locations and opperating systems and been getting a 100% increase in FFL license apps. Currently we are back logged and new system errors and problems have been setting us back. If we can be of any other help please call. Also she told me to check out ATF web site as there is updated applications that now can be down loaded and printed on your PC

The first time I decided I wanted a C&R I emailed for the paperwork. 2 weeks went by and nothing. I called and ordered, the papers were in my hands in less than a week. It's been over 5 years now and the emailed request has never been fulfilled.
I live by the rule that if something is important, I use the telephone and talk to someone or follow up the email with a call. I never rely on email for anything important.

The first time I decided I wanted a C&R I emailed for the paperwork. 2 weeks went by and nothing. I called and ordered, the papers were in my hands in less than a week. It's been over 5 years now and the emailed request has never been fulfilled.
I live by the rule that if something is important, I use the telephone and talk to someone or follow up the email with a call. I never rely on email for anything important.

I'm still waiting to get my updated C&R license after sending them three copies of the change of address form 2 months apart...the last now about 4 or 5 months ago....

UPDATE for those patiently waiting for C&R apps: just got mine in the mail yesterday!

I requested online in the second week of January (same week I applied for my NH non-res, which btw came like 1.5 weeks ago).

Here's alittle info, I sent my application out the first Monday of Feburary. The funds were debited from my checking account on Feb. 13. That is how i know they got it. I finally got it in the mail last Friday with the expiration date being that of April 1, 2012, meaning that it was finally processed end of March or on April 1, not sure how that works for them. All in all, it takes 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom