C&R license came finally!

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
I've received the license in the mail but never got a packet containing a rule/laws book do I have to order it from ATF or can I just download it and are the bound books they sell at brownells accepted by the ATF and last where should I check for deals on C&R approved items I've been searching the forum for these answers with no luck.

Congrats. How long of a wait was it? I really need to get mine. What's the first purchase going to be?

All signatures on the license when used have to be an Original signature. You can photocopy the license and then sign/date the copy.

Well son of a bitch! At least I just moved so I'm going to have a new one sent to me anyway.

I did that too. You can call them and you have to send them something $2 cash (yes, it has to be cash). When you get the new one make about 100 copies and throw the original in your safe. The original you signed is still go for uploading to aimsurplus and classic firearms, etc.

I did that too. You can call them and you have to send them something $2 cash (yes, it has to be cash). When you get the new one make about 100 copies and throw the original in your safe. The original you signed is still go for uploading to aimsurplus and classic firearms, etc.

Well that's good to know. I've had mine for years and really only used it for the Brownells/former MidwayUSA discounts. Easily worth the $30 app fee.

If you have secure online storage, it can be handy to have one there digitally, in the event you get somewhere and forgot your license. You can have the shop/person print it for you and then sign it. :)

Too late!!!

All of us that have had our C&R's for awhile now bought up all the good stuff.

Good news is that now that you have your license, you can buy from us hassle free.

the bad news is that it's going to cost you triple what we paid for it. [smile]

Dealers require that the copy you send them be signed, in ink. A photocopy of your signature doesn't count as your actual signature.

The license itself says "The signature on each copy must be a original signature. A faxed, scanned, or e-mailed copy of the license with a signature intended to be an original signature is acceptable."

I personally haven't singed my original license, and for each transaction I print, sign, and date a copy. I then either provide that paper copy if face-to-face or if I am mailing payment, or otherwise email a scan of that copy (or both). I have personally received duplicates of signed copies that were not individually signed/dated for the particular transaction, and I haven't been able to determine that there is anything wrong with that, either.

To bad your about a year late, there is a thread here about how good the discounts were @ midway. Brownells still has a good price break, as do a few others.

Too late!!!

All of us that have had our C&R's for awhile now bought up all the good stuff.

Good news is that now that you have your license, you can buy from us hassle free.

the bad news is that it's going to cost you triple what we paid for it. [smile]

I just found a couple of old receipts yesterday from C&R purchases:

Yugo M59/66 SKS: $159
Mosin Nagant 91/30: $69

the good ole days...

Back
Top Bottom