C&R Curio & Relic BOUND BOOK

I use the Book Factory bound books for keeping a record of all my guns, C&R or not, they are great for the picture and also room to put notes. For my C&R guns I have a spiral bound book that has one line per gun about 30 per page as for the BATF they don't need the pictures.
In the BF BB's I put all the info I can including what I paid for the guns so I can remember, just hope my wife doesn't find them [rofl]

Definition of Bound Book

The ATF won't accept a Computer Program. "shall be maintained in bound form". See actual ATF wording in my follow-up post.

Some people say you can use a Computer Program, print out pages, and then insert them into a 3-Ring Binder, and that would constitute BOUND. Maybe. I would advise against it.

FYI: From ATF FAQ: ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Records Required (Licensees)

A “bound book” is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations, and the pages must be numbered consecutively.

[27 CFR 478.121 and 478.125]

It is possible there has been some new ruling that I am not aware of that has made this FAQ entry obsolete.

heres the computer program information again

You got me thinking, and I had some spare time before I go to a redneck birthday so...
http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2008-2.pdf
ATF has determined that acquisition and disposition records required by 27 CFR Part 478, Subpart H, and §§ 478.121, 478.122, 478.123, and 478.125(e), in computerized form, satisfy the standard of permanency and are substantially equivalent to paper records if they meet the following criteria:

1. All data entered into the computer system must be recorded into the database and cannot be capable of being edited or modified at a later date without generating an audit trail. The software system must retain any correction of errors as an entirely new entry, without deleting or modifying the original entry. The system may allow for entries in a notes column to explain any correction.
2. The system must have a reliable daily memory backup capability to protect the data from accidental deletion or other system failure.
3. ...
It goes on from there but you get the point, it took them a while but they eventualy moved into the 21st centruy.

SalemCat;2938623 Do you know of any Software that meets those requirements ? [/QUOTE said:
MyGunDB does, and has built in backup functionality. If you have any questions about it, I'd be happy to help!

Back
Top Bottom