"but why do you have guns?"

The outcome of that conversation is kinda awesome, that her friend comes out of nowhere and drops the knowledge to her friend that she also has had her permit!

Typical liberal mindset. You don't agree with me therefore you are wrong. I am at the point where I can read em like a book. Some I will try to win over, but others are just not worth the wasted breath.

I posted this before, but I once had a similar conversation in a bar with a friend of a friend. He's 'dramatic', loud, and flamboyant, and a total libtard. Over the previous few years, I'd probably been out in a group with this guy about a half dozen times.

The subject of guns came up one night around the time that those high school kids broke into that house in rural NH and killed the Mom and stabbed the daughter. I said something like "Too bad they weren't armed". Here's how the conversation went (as close as I can remember):

HIM: People shouldn't be allowed to walk around carrying guns.
ME: Why not?
HIM: Because it would be a bloodbath!
ME: I bet there are people in this room that are carrying guns (we were in Portsmouth, NH).
HIM: I doubt that.
ME: Yeah? I'm carrying a gun right now. You're sitting five feet away from it, and nobody is bleeding.
HIM: You carry a gun?
ME: All the time. Every time you've seen me I've had a gun with me.
HIM: Why do you think you need a gun?
ME: We were just talking about it. Say you were at home with your boyfriend and some lunatic broke in and...
HIM: I'm not gay.
ME: ...Get the f--k out of here...
HIM: I'm married and have two kids.
ME: Dude. Sorry.

Last edited:
I posted this before, but I once had a similar conversation in a bar with a friend of a friend. He's 'dramatic', loud, and flamboyant, and a total libtard. Over the previous few years, I'd probably been out in a group with this guy about a half dozen times.

The subject of guns came up one night around the time that those high school kids broke into that house in rural NH and killed the Mom and stabbed the daughter. I said something like "Too bad they weren't armed". Here's how the conversation went (as close as I can remember):

HIM: People shouldn't be allowed to walk around carrying guns.
ME: Why not?
HIM: Because it would be a bloodbath!
ME: I bet there are people in this room that are carrying guns (we were in Portsmouth, NH).
HIM: I doubt that.
ME: Yeah? I'm carrying a gun right now. You're sitting five feet away from it, and nobody is bleeding.
HIM: You carry a gun?
ME: All the time. Every time you've seen me I've had a gun with me.
HIM: Why do you think you need a gun?
ME: We were just talking about it. Say you were at home with your boyfriend and some lunatic broke in and...
HIM: I'm not gay.
ME: ...Get the f--k out of here...
HIM: I'm married and have two kids.
ME: Dude. Sorry.

LOL!!!!! I see what you did there. N..i..c..e.....

AC

Haha nice one eddie

On the OP , i admit i was one huge anti gun woman, i traveled once to chicago to visit my friends house, i get in her bed at night cause she ones a condo and no guest bed.

Shes like hold on let me show you something.. She walks away and im clutching blankets try to stay awake ,

Here she comes in with a long vertical object

I immediatly picture terminator with a double barrel shotgun

I almost lost my bowels , and thought she was going to kill me right then and there.

I was like wtf are you doing and flipped , telling her please get it away from me..

She did an about face and put it away..

Never the less i didnt sleep well thinking she was going to shoot me all that night.

It all changed when after a hyst i was depressed and my friend tyler brought me to a range and loved it.

People can change and open their eyes.

Alot of people simply think they are immune to danger or criminal action. They think because they haven't been robbed or attacked that it will never happen. They also hear from a young age(especially in Mass) that guns=evil. When talking with family about my desire to apply for my LTC the first things I hear are "I don't want a gun around me" or "I don't want it in my house" as if its gonna leap out of my holster and attack them. As the months have passed by my family has warmed to the idea of it simply because I've been talking to them about potential dangers out there, and why I wanna be prepared for that situation should it ever occur.

I just ask them, if they read the Papers or watch the news at all? A lot of bad people do bad things to good people. Politely listen to them rationalize why they will be safe. Then tell them I will say a prayer that they are right and leave.

Every single time I want that 5 minutes of my life back, cuz it was wasted

BUT last week some guy in one of our condos got strung out on those Bath-salts and ate half his foot. 2 of those same people have since asked me to take them shooting and about the licensing procedures. So maybe just maybe when bad stuff happens in your neighborhood it makes these wackos change their mind.

I say something outlandish.. " I am preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse. Seriously. "

Once I took one of those conversations seriously and eventually the Anti got to : " Well , If I had a gun I'd probably kill people in anger " ( or something close enough to that .)

I responded with the question : " Have you ever murdered anyone with a kitchen knife ? A Hammer ? Your car ? Of course not. Because you're a good person. So am I. And I wear a hammer all day at work , I drive a truck sometimes when I am angry , .. and I am a black belt ... , and I haven't flipped out and gone on a killing spree either. But sometimes people do. Which is why it's nice if at least a few of us are armed."

I doubt I changed his opinion but he backed away from his posture and changed the subject.

When I get asked that question, I simply say, "Because, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away." Then I walk away and let them ponder the simplicity of the statement.

When I get asked that question, I simply say, "Because, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

That was the thought that finally opened my eyes. I had a chimney fire, my wife called 911 while I tried to deal with it using a fire extinguisher. The fire department arrived quickly, but I already had the fire under control. That made me realize how long a few minutes can be in a crisis.

merica-funny-33.jpg

Why do you have guns? "Because I can"
How many guns do you have? "Not nearly enough"
Why do you hunt? "I only hunt the bad animals"
How do you know they're bad? "They have been convicted of crimes against nature by a jury of their peers. Then Santa Claus gives the hunters a list of the bad animals so they can [FONT=arial, sans-serif]execute[/FONT] the sentence. What do you think Santa does for the rest of the year?."

I actually talked to my friend as we're making plans to ride this weekend. Guess whose coming along? The redhead.

I asked if she was still bothered by my carrying a gun - shocked as shit, he tells me she actually was amazed that I articulated the discussion so well (surprising as I was working on zero sleep and a shit day at the office). I laughed and said that's great, but Im still carrying this weekend. Why she left so abruptly is still a mystery, but I thought she'd have called me a gun nut or goon.

Answer=Because the good guys need to keep the world from completely tipping in the bad guy's favor.

i see this woman gave you every cliche the anti-gun crowd likes to use.
It's probably not a coincidence that she's currently pursuing higher education.

I actually talked to my friend as we're making plans to ride this weekend. Guess whose coming along? The redhead.

I asked if she was still bothered by my carrying a gun - shocked as shit, he tells me she actually was amazed that I articulated the discussion so well (surprising as I was working on zero sleep and a shit day at the office).
That's because in her world, all gun owners are backwards inbred illiterate hillbillies.

I'm glad you burst her bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh: and get pictures!

Alot of people simply think they are immune to danger or criminal action. They think because they haven't been robbed or attacked that it will never happen. They also hear from a young age(especially in Mass) that guns=evil. When talking with family about my desire to apply for my LTC the first things I hear are "I don't want a gun around me" or "I don't want it in my house" as if its gonna leap out of my holster and attack them. As the months have passed by my family has warmed to the idea of it simply because I've been talking to them about potential dangers out there, and why I wanna be prepared for that situation should it ever occur.
Grew up in a house that was somewhat anti. My dad had his 18ga shotgun from his childhood pheasant hunting days and had ammo near by. Never locked up, just in the parents closet.
Bought my first gun 2 years ago completely against my parents approval. Here we are 2 years later, and my mom gave me $1,000 from my grandpa's passing to buy a 1911 in remembrance of him and his service in WWII. She will be out here from Seattle in July and can't wait to see the gun and possibly shoot it!
Pretty funny to see her change her mindset...

It's probably not a coincidence that she's currently pursuing higher education.

This is just as bad as her ignorant statements about guns; you object to what you view as an attack on your natural right to defend yourself, a right that I suspect all of us here recognize, value, and rely upon, yet at the same time attack one of the (many) methods by which a person may attempt to better themselves. I am both highly educated and a strong proponent of firearm ownership; these are not mutually exclusive, and to paint all those "pursuing higher education" as anti-gun is just as cliche as her anti-gun arguments. Don't sink to their level, you know you're right, though hopefully you'll never have to prove it.

Grew up in a house that was somewhat anti. My dad had his 18ga shotgun from his childhood pheasant hunting days and had ammo near by. Never locked up, just in the parents closet.
Bought my first gun 2 years ago completely against my parents approval. Here we are 2 years later, and my mom gave me $1,000 from my grandpa's passing to buy a 1911 in remembrance of him and his service in WWII. She will be out here from Seattle in July and can't wait to see the gun and possibly shoot it!
Pretty funny to see her change her mindset...

The transformation is amazing. We (the family) are planning a trip to the range in July during a vacation week and my mother wants to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom