Bushmaster vs. Stag upper's

Hey guys, I am looking for a new upper. Nothing fancy just a crome lined 20" barrel. Is there any major quality diferences between Stag and Bushmaster?
thanks

There really isn't much in the way of difference between the two in regards to features/specs/quality, some people like one over the other. One thing you should consider with either is a BCG upgrade from LMT.

If you want to go with a top of the line standard A2 type upper, get one by CMMG. CMMG offers a lot of different upgrades/options.

The only real consideration when choosing an upper is who makes the barrel. Since you specified a chrome lined barrel, you are looking for longer barrel life over accuracy, correct? I have never heard of one brand of chrome-lined barrels being better or worse than another (except, I've heard a lot of good things about Colt, but that isn't part of your search). That being the case, buy whichever you can get a better deal on.

thanks guys...
I am thinking about Rock River now too. Possibly a .308 instead of 5.56.
I have a lot of reading ahead of me to decide. Thanks for all you input.
Joe

thanks guys...
I am thinking about Rock River now too. Possibly a .308 instead of 5.56.
I have a lot of reading ahead of me to decide. Thanks for all you input.
Joe

You will need a specific AR-10 lower to go along with a 308 upper. The 308 won't just drop onto a std AR-15 lower.
(someone please correct me if i'm wrong.)

Steve

Oh... Sorry, I understand about the size difference in reciever and upper. I am debating with myself if I want another 5.56 rifle or get a .308 rifle.
I was (now) looking at RRA in .308, but I hear they are not in production?

My problem is I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and I can't decide which rifle to buy/build.
When I am broke... I have an endless list of what I want!

I've got a RRA std A4 and I love it.
You won't be disappointed. Call Pete at legal transfers.

Steve

I have alot of good things about legal transfers.
Basically I am narrowing my decision to either a RRA 16in midlength with a free float quad rail, chrome bore and ergo grip. I might have some cash left over to top it with an Eotech.
OR....
A DPMS .308 with either aan 18 or 20in barrel also with a free float quad rail system.
I really like the RRA .308, but I have been hearing not so good things.
I think I will give pete a call on Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom