• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Burglar & Homeowner Draw Guns

W

wolf223

saw this on fox this morning... didn't see it posted

Homeowner made a dumb move.

1. he pulled his piece and didn't use it
2. he went INTO the garage when he should have called 911 and GTFO

eta: there were other people in the house (allegedly), his sister and her two kids, an a buddy... so they call 911, he goes all cowboy with police en route. BG's gun was empty too. anywho, two in the chest, one in the head.... or keep your shit in it's holster.

story / video here:
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-homeowner-burglar-point-guns-each-other-120810,0,553236.story
Pacific, MO. (KTVI-FOX2now.com) — Surveillance video captures an armed confrontation between a Pacific man and two burglary suspects in his garage. The resident and one of the suspects end up pointing guns at each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
If my sister and her sons are in the house and I know dirtbags are in there, I am going in after them. You can bet your ass on that.

You are dealing with blood kin. There ain't no waiting for the cops.

If my sister and her sons are in the house and I know dirtbags are in there, I am going in after them. You can bet your ass on that.

i agree, IF there is no other way to exit.... i would herd them out of the house with gun(s) drawn... say 50 meters? i would never put myself between the bad guy(s) and my family *or* possibly the police though... -wether the family members had guns or not. stay together. it gets hairy when people go all cowboy. [laugh]

Sorry dude, if my blood kin are inside the house, I am outside, and I know there are bad guys in there, I'm in like Flynn and I am laying waste to anyone between me and them.

There is no rational way to explain it. Familia es familia.

all i'm saying is that he left his peeps behind to go defend his property so he failed because he didn't shoot. so he's a douche bag and is now food.

if he'd shot, i'd say "good to go, slaying bodies" but he didn't.

he shoulda stayed with his family in the house and called 911. can't have it both ways. especially as a free stater. this guy created an unstable situation...

family: in the house
him: cowboy
BGs: x 2 (that he knew of)

**this all assumption: the garage looks like it's attached to the house, hopefully with a locked door to gain entry into the house. BGs walked in through a tarp of sorts. so he "went around" and entered through the same tarp the BGs entered???? i would draw a HSLD SWAT layout of the house... but you see what he did? he but the BGs between himself and his family, *or* between himself and their escape route. then they did the akey breaky and rotated so the BGs left.

[thinking]

[laugh]

i agree, IF there is no other way to exit.... i would herd them out of the house with gun(s) drawn... say 50 meters? i would never put myself between the bad guy(s) and my family *or* possibly the police though... -wether the family members had guns or not. stay together. it gets hairy when people go all cowboy. [laugh]

Thats pretty dumb too. You don't know if one of his armed co-thugs are outside. Making the argument to bunker down in whatever room they're in until the cops are there is one thing. Moving your unarmed family members to a position that exposes them to the unknown is just plain dumb.

I agree that on that he should of stayed with his family and called the police. From the news video it looks as if the garage was just full of junk and is this junk worth his life, putting his family members lifes in danger, or if he had used his gun any charges and legal fees he would of faced. But it does look like he scared the pants off the bg with the gun lol.

Agreed.

You put my Kin in danger but coming into my house armed (and uninvited) an I will put you in a pine box, burry you, then call 911. [smile]

no argument there (obviously).... the guy left the main house and went into the garage though...

this is a perfect example of "tunnel vision" [laugh] [rofl]

WHY THE F DIDN'T HE EMPTY HIS MAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

The older I get and the more people I meet on and off the internet and gun range, the more I realize that sheep possess firearms as well...Many possess a firearm as a security blanky and have no earthly idea or even intention to actually use it, or employ it properly. I have a customer that came into DSG and bought a 930SPX for home defense. That was in May and as of October, he still had not fired it...It's loaded, but he's never squeezed the trigger. I stopped even asking him about it...

You put my Kin in danger but coming into my house armed (and uninvited) an I will put you in a pine box, burry you, then call 911. [smile]

I agree with all but the last three words of your statement. If I've managed to dispatch the invader, and bury the body all without police interference, I see no reason to call them after the fact.

In other words...

If I've already shot, and shoveled, it's time to shut up.

I agree with all but the last three words of your statement. If I've managed to dispatch the invader, and bury the body all without police interference, I see no reason to call them after the fact.

In other words...

If I've already shot, and shoveled, it's time to shut up.

Good point

Back
Top Bottom