Building my first AR

Yeah, but I'm in the build it yourself forum! I'm trying to learn how to do things. [smile] I may settle for doing the bayo lug myself and having the brake pinned/welded by a smith this time. It's satisfactory to just cut off the ears, right? I don't need to take off the entire thing, I think.
Yeah but you don't have a welder, drill or decent drill bits plus,live in an apartment.
Time constraints also I'm sure.... OR go to harbor freight buy a cheap ass 120v welder, drill and hit ace hardware for some cobalt drill bits. AND get it done? If you where closer I would help out. I can't travel to far with 3 young kids.
Return the welder when done with it.....

The pin and weld is such a easy job there ain't shit on you tube about it. Like 2 videos.
If I ever do one again .....I like target crown no muzzle device ARs now. I will post a video.

Way down to the end of this post has a short how to pin and weld. I used the round end of broken drill bits for my pins....nice snug fit.http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Last edited:
Haha okay. I'll definitely just get it done professionally. :) for the bayonet lug, just removing the ears so it can't attach a bayonet is good enough right? I saw Adco doing it that way.

Back
Top Bottom