• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buffalo PD checks death records and pistol permit records

I wonder if they do this thorough checking to see if deceased people are still on the voting roll and voting? [rofl][rofl]

So they show up at your house, and your not dead what do they do kill you?

"Oh, those? My dear old departed grandpa gave them away at some gun buyback that you guys held someplace a few years back. Can you search my house? Ummmmm...no, thanks! Have a good day."

They make it sound like we only rent guns and not buy them. They feel they can come and "take" them without any kind of compensation. I consider them to be assets as I have spent a lot of money acquiring them and I expect to sell them or pass them along to family members when I die.

They make it sound like we only rent guns and not buy them. They feel they can come and "take" them without any kind of compensation. I consider them to be assets as I have spent a lot of money acquiring them and I expect to sell them or pass them along to family members when I die.

Yeah, they said they go and "collect them".

They are assets of the estate. They can't just seize them, they may have been loaned to others. Federal law has laws regarding gun inheritance.

This is OUTRAGEOUSLY illegal behavior and is absolutely a perfectly clear case of registration-based "gun confiscation". You may now counter any suggestion that it has never happened with this example in yur arguments with antis.

- - - Updated - - -

So much for the registration not leading to confiscation argument.

Beat me to it...

And if all of that wasn't true there's this...

police officials told reporters their biggest problem with weapons in crimes seems to involve guns that are stolen in burglaries from homes.

Just to be clear... Someone breaks into someone else's home and takes their property, and uses that property in another crime... LEO's will now start confiscating the property, rather than dealing with the criminals?

5156be1d353f43858d362a66081f6273d397d78be18d87456abe3cf83dd5d8b71_zps4bfe37f8.jpg

This is a good development.

For decades, they kept saying they did not want to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens, and we knew they were lying, but the vast majority bought their arguments.

Every one of these confiscations helps a few more naive, misguided souls see the truth, and this helps us in the long run.

These stories always make me feel good about life. It means that all violent crime has been eliminated, everything is going well, the police are being proactive, and soon they will be able to downsize because they have fixed all the problems.

To bad they don't do this with welfare or dead beat social sec scammers!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely true. They pick and choose the laws they want to have followed. Don't arrest or deport illegal aliens, don't go after dead people voting (in Boston there is supposedly someone from the Revolutionary War still voting, no kidding) and don't go after EBT card holders who have thousands of dollars on their cards to buy lobster and steak with. Nope, go after absolutely innocent, law abiding citizens and make their lives a hell. The state has NO rights to your property after you die. What's next? Go to the home of someone who has died and confiscate their cars or boats or anything else legally registered in their name? As stated elsewhere those firearms belong to the estate and there are provisions for them to be properly handled within the estate. In addition, those firearms are low-hanging fruit. What about all those vets that have bringbacks in their closets? I think that the Buffalo PD should do a house to house search to those as well. This is an excellent example of how quickly and easily the government assumes authority over the citizens incrementally.

Rome

"Oh, those? My dear old departed grandpa handed them out to little kids in the neighborhood before he died, he said it would "toughen them up". What's that got to do with me?"

Last edited:
With all the crime and the snow and all the other S**t that has been going on in in Buffalo it's nice to know that they can make time to do this important job. Hey ! Who knows maybe next year they can post some undercover officers at crosswalks to ticket all those bad people who refuse to yield the right of way. Why not ? It's not like they have gangs, sex offenders or your everyday criminals to deal with, right ?

In NY pistol registration is almost absolute. Your pistols are on your license by make model number serial number and caliber. You can only possess your pistols. You can't borrow or loan pistols. You are responsible for them until sold to Ffl or otherwise removed from license (reported stolen).
All those war bring backs had to be registered in 60's

But they can't arrest deceased person for misplacing prior registered hand guns. But they can arrest any one in possession of unregistered pistol even if they have concealed carry permit. The unregistered pistol is in itself illegal and confiscated.

IANAL but executor of estate can possess (not carry) until disposition made

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom