Bruen Transforms the Gun Debate

I think we have been seeing evidence to the contrary.
I wrote in general because the majority make no effort other than to maybe show up for one or two teacher conferences.
Picton is referring to maybe 5% of the hyper involved parents.
But I can say that my kid's high school math/science teacher was a complete a**h***.
Positive was that I got to sleep with their English teacher on occasion.

I wrote in general because the majority make no effort other than to maybe show up for one or two teacher conferences.
But I can say that my kid's high school math/science teacher was a complete a**h***.

Your kids' STEM teacher is a moron, I hear.

Yeah. I'd go more like 10%, but whether it's 5 or 10, they're responsible for 90% of the complaints. And, really, I can't blame them: Every parent should be that involved in their kids' education. The problem arises when that involvement prioritizes grades and status over actual learning.

I thought this thread was about how the Bruen decision is transforming the gun debate; not what is and isn't taught in schools. [laugh]

I thought this thread was about how the Bruen decision is transforming the gun debate; not what is and isn't taught in schools. [laugh]

Went off-track almost immediately, in posts 2 and 3. These things happen.

I think the link is that many Americans are ignorant about how the Constitution was written and why SCOTUS ruled as it did in Bruen. Those things aren't hard to teach about in class; my kids ask about GuN cOnTrOl all the time.

Your kids' STEM teacher is a moron, I hear.

Yeah. I'd go more like 10%, but whether it's 5 or 10, they're responsible for 90% of the complaints. And, really, I can't blame them: Every parent should be that involved in their kids' education. The problem arises when that involvement prioritizes grades and status over actual learning.
90/10, eh? Why do I feel like there's a rule about that, somewhere?

I don’t know about that… Moms for Liberty are after my wife’s district so much so that her superintendent emailed all staff about how they plan to fight Moms for Liberty..

So I forwarded that shit right to Moms for liberty… there is a growing uprising among parents it’s great to see it happening.

I don’t know about that… Moms for Liberty are after my wife’s district so much so that her superintendent emailed all staff about how they plan to fight Moms for Liberty..

So I forwarded that shit right to Moms for liberty… there is a growing uprising among parents it’s great to see it happening.
My direct knowledge is from my wife's stint as a teacher - she was quite happy to home school and only deal with one asshat parent.
Since both of my kids are out of college, that info is now dated

I can easily believe that parents are getting seriously involved after covid pulled the curtains back on how schools were actually operating in many places along with the tranny madness going on now.

This is the issue.

I was born in 80. I never had a civics class during my public education (4 yr HS trade).

I am lucky as I was involved in the Cub and Boy Scouts during my elementary and grade school years. My father opened a business in the early 90's. I was shown how great this country could be, and what our Constitution and Bill of Rights meant. How those documents acknowledged as our freedoms.

I would not have the sense of patriotism and understanding of our Forefathers if it was not for my family and the Cub and Boy Scout troop I belonged to (#147). I was lucky.

The public education system has worked flawlessly in denying the US population the understandings of our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Their plan is working perfectly and we allowed it. Yuri Bezmenov warned us many years ago.
I've come to the conclusion that this is the issue. I went to college in the 70's. Even during those turbulent times when anti war and civil rights protests closed campuses our schools still celebrated free speech today they ban conservative speakers from campuses and strive to indoctrinate our children into progressive robots. I remember when the ACLU found it necessary to sue for the rights of the American Nazi Party to hold rallies and marches even while denouncing their views. My children went to college in the 90's and no virtually nothing about history or this country and it's government. I've given my children Paine's Common Sense to read and they are confused by what it means to them and this country. I can't imagine that 5% of todays college students even know what The Federalist Papers are never mind red them. When I was in college I read both Common Sense and Mao's little red book. Today a Google search on the "Little Red Book" results in something from AA.

I hope Covid energized a whole slew of parents to get involved, but I’m not seeing it. Not the way I expected.
Sometimes people get energized to STOP things they don’t like but drift away when it’s time to START better things. That’s OK - I’ve never been a fan of those that say if you don’t think a job is being done right, do it yourself. I don’t feel compelled to do the job others are getting paid to do if I disagree without how it’s done.

If it’s a volunteer organization, then DO volunteer to lead the effort to do the job right, even if not alone, single-handedly. At work or in local government, DO describe what doing the job right looks like and DO volunteer to periodically review progress to a new goal.

Not around here. Of course. In other parts of the country pissed off parents are running for school committee, challenging administrators, and even suing school departments.

I hope Covid energized a whole slew of parents to get involved, but I’m not seeing it. Not the way I expected.

Sometimes people get energized to STOP things they don’t like but drift away when it’s time to START better things. That’s OK - I’ve never been a fan of those that say if you don’t think a job is being done right, do it yourself. I don’t feel compelled to do the job others are getting paid to do if I disagree without how it’s done.

If it’s a volunteer organization, then DO volunteer to lead the effort to do the job right, even if not alone, single-handedly. At work or in local government, DO describe what doing the job right looks like and DO volunteer to periodically review progress to a new goal.

My assumption was that I'd see a number of changes to the School Committee where I work.

The SC during Covid was doing its best, but had no clue how to do anything and managed to piss off every parent in town. I would watch the committee meetings on Zoom and it was parent after parent, unleashing a storm of bitterness at the SC, and it was often the same parents every month. I heard noises about many of those parents running for SC (which would have been a Good Thing on a couple of different levels), but none of them have.

At some point I think we just need a nod and a wink and every one goes around in public with ARs and handguns. If stopped by a cop then every other person armed in the area surrounds the cops for the first wrong move.

In.
Go time or just screw the law? I don't advocate violence but civil disobedience should be the course of action.

Sumbich. I, um, might have access to a couple black powder revolvers. They're not firearms. Somehow, I acquired holsters for them. I could be civilly disobedient (except not really disobedient since MA is an open-carry state) without really being disobedient (since MA is an open-carry state, and BP revolvers are not legally firearms). What would we call that? Milktoast civil disobedience? Baiting Karens?

Hahahaha! I gotta give this some thought when fully sober. It could be fun as hell.

I could be civilly disobedient (except not really disobedient since MA is an open-carry state) without really being disobedient (since MA is an open-carry state, and BP revolvers are not legally firearms). What would we call that? Milktoast civil disobedience? Baiting Karens?
I think "Malicious compliance" has already been coined. Seems to hit the mark.

In.

Sumbich. I, um, might have access to a couple black powder revolvers. They're not firearms. Somehow, I acquired holsters for them. I could be civilly disobedient (except not really disobedient since MA is an open-carry state) without really being disobedient (since MA is an open-carry state, and BP revolvers are not legally firearms). What would we call that? Milktoast civil disobedience? Baiting Karens?

Hahahaha! I gotta give this some thought when fully sober. It could be fun as hell.
So, when my MA non-resident LTC runs out (since they can't ever do a timely renewal) I can just carry BP revolvers? IN!

So, when my MA non-resident LTC runs out (since they can't ever do a timely renewal) I can just carry BP revolvers? IN!

Well, it gets technical. If you actually LOAD it, I think it becomes a firearm. Hell, I'm not a lawyer.

Is it go time yet? The country is seriously divided, one side has the lamestream media, corporate America and moral outrage 🤔 on their side and the other has the guns, ammo and the training and the will to fight along with The Constitution and the Bill of Rights. IMHO 2024 will be the tipping point, if Trump wins the Leftists will riot like the French and hopefully will be crushed. If Biden or a D replacement wins, they will accelerate their attacks on SCOTUS, the rule of law and us. The youngin's here scoff when go time is mentioned and tell us you first. I get it but I don't see an alternative now. The Leftist D's HATE this country and us and have no intention of compromising so what else is left? Confrontation!
The leftist BLM, Antifa and Occupy anarchists have been arming up, and practicing. A civil war will not be a romp in the park. In fact, it will destroy our country.

Back
Top Bottom