browning pistols in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will only work if you buy a pre-98 registered gun from a MA resident or you can purchase one FTF if they moved in from another state. The issue is that you still cannot have a post-ban magazine for it.

Your not missing anything. I had one and sold it. One of the most inaacurate guns I have ever owned!

Your not missing anything. I had one and sold it. One of the most inaacurate guns I have ever owned!

My bullseye pistol team just won the state championship yesterday. I was third out of five on that winning team, and I shot a Browning Buckmark 5.5 gold target, so you might want to re-think that.

I've got to agree with Emoto. My buckmark seems more accurate than my wife's MkIII. I suspect that like all things about guns, its a matter of personal preference.

Aloha

My bullseye pistol team just won the state championship yesterday. I was third out of five on that winning team, and I shot a Browning Buckmark 5.5 gold target, so you might want to re-think that.

I'm a partial second on this. I have a Browning x-bolt 30-06 stainless stalker (i know its not a pistol) but ts a tack driver. I've also seen (but not shot personally) that the browning Hi-Power is very accurate as well - although I personally don't find it very pleasing to the eye.

Maleante:

You need to phrase your question more precisely.

If a gun is not on the approved list, it's a no-no for a Mass dealer to sell it to you. A personal transfer is fine. Or if a dealer sells it to you, it's on them.

You're right, my question was sort of vague...

I asked before what pistols I will not be able to buy in MA and was referred to the Four Seasons site. It only shows HiPowers and since I was thinking about buying one of the new Browning 1911 .22 pistols, I figured I should check whether or not I could just get it in MA later.

I asked before what pistols I will not be able to buy in MA and was referred to the Four Seasons site. It only shows HiPowers and since I was thinking about buying one of the new Browning 1911 .22 pistols, I figured I should check whether or not I could just get it in MA later.

There are only two Browning models on the Approved Firearms Roster:

Browning Buck Mark Camper SS .22 LR
Browning Buck Mark SE MS Lt Splash 7.25 .22 LR

So you might be able to buy those new from a MA dealer (if they also meet the AG's regulations). Since the new Browning 1911 .22 pistols are NOT on the approved roster, then you definitely can't buy them new from a MA dealer.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-4-2012.pdf

i Havent been shooting as long as most of you guys. But when I read people say"the gun is inaccurate" Is that a case of the old "carpenter blaming his tools etc" Not being a wise ass either. But I figured the person pulling the trigger would be to blame. ? Just curious about that.

Don't have to re-think anything. My hi power sucked. Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom