browning gold failure to feed

I picked up a browning gold sporting clays gun in great shape. Its a great gun except it jams a lot. It slams the cartridge into the side of the barrel. Sometimes i can shoot two rounds of skeet no problem, other times it has this problem five times in a single round. The average seems to be one out of twenty five. I've read that they are finicky on oil, and CLP was recommended and that's what I use. I tore the whole gun apart and cleaned the recoil spring mag tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I should also mention it has the light gas piston and I'm using 7.5 shot winchester factory ammo.

Thanks for the input guys
Not an expert on those, but with all gas-operated shotties the first place to check is the gas system. Are the ports in the barrel clear? Is the gas piston free?

Gas operated guns are notorious for this.
Yeah the gun is clean as can be.
It does seem to hang up on the crimp. I will check that out.

Try switching ammo, I have seen lots of variation even with the bulk Federal, Winchester etc. some shuck easily out of my SxS and some totally stick.
Definitely going to try some different brands.

You covered some of the basics already. Many people cried that the gold serries shotgun cycled poorly. Well for starters its the nasty anti rust gunk Browning uses. You hit a key spot "action spring and tube" mine was caked with this brown thick gunk. Cy led fine after. I only have had a chance to see another gold jam as yours is. Cycling the gun slowly you could see the shell litter cocking the cartridge off center a bit and jaming up ln the left inside of the chamber.
If the gun is used try a new spring and buffer. Also check your mag tube. Its amazing how nasty it gets. If the mag tube follower is hanging up a tad it will throw the timing of for the reload.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom