Browning Citori 525 Questions

I have been meaning to buy a sporting clays gun for a while. By chance, I just came across (what I think) is a good deal on a 525 Browning Citori.

32" it is the "sporting" model with the ported barrel.

He had the gun re-stocked in AA claro walnut at the factory right after he bought it in 2004. Fully adjustable cheek rest and buttstock. Absolutely pristine 100% condition.

Is $1,500 shipped to my FFL a decent buy?

The 525's have a flat Broadway rib (not a high post ramped rib), some people prefer it, some do not.

Have you shot a Browning like it? Have you shot a high rib gun?

Personally, I prefer a high post rib.

Yeah that's a good price.........Especially when you consider Cabela's in Berlin has a 98+%, bone stock, plain-jane, standard-invector, 28", 12 gauge for $1699 thats about 20 years old.

I literally know nothing, and have limited experience. I have shot sporting clays maybe half a dozen times.

So.... I have not shot a browning like it, unfortunately. My thought was I pick it up cheap enough that I can move it along and not lose any money if it turns out I don't like it. Sounds to me based on your feedback that is not going to be an issue.

It is a right-handed configuration.

I guess the prices have gone up a bit since I bought my Citori back in 1986.
I got it new from Lew Hortons in Framingham, 26" Skeet model with wide forend and fixed chokes, IIRC it was $750 back then.
$1500 is a good deal for the gun you describe, but are 32" barrels a good choice for sporting clays ???
It sounds more suited for Trap.

Today's trend is towards longer barrels. 28" and 30" for Skeet, 30" and 32" for Sporting Clays, and 32" and 34" for Trap

I shot a 28" skeet gun for years, just recently moved up to 30" barrels and like them a lot. If I were buying a dedicated Sporting Clays gun today, I'd be buying 32". Fit and balance are the key.

Today's trend is towards longer barrels. 28" and 30" for Skeet, 30" and 32" for Sporting Clays, and 32" and 34" for Trap

I shot a 28" skeet gun for years, just recently moved up to 30" barrels and like them a lot. If I were buying a dedicated Sporting Clays gun today, I'd be buying 32". Fit and balance are the key.

Exactly, I have an older Citori Trap Classic Combo and a Browning Cynergy Trap. The Citori has a 34" single barrel and a 32" over and under barrels. The Cynergy has 36" & 34" (interchangable chokes)

If it's clean like you said than it's a good deal, you shouldn't lose money on it at all if you change your mind down the road

@icyclefar Does it matter than i am 5' 7" ? You think 32" is too long for me? Or doesn't matter?

It's too hard to say, everyone is built differently.

The price is good, but you need it to fit.

If your willing to invest in the gun, it might prove to be perfect for you.

Adjusting the length of pull if needed could run you $150

Adding an adjustable butt plate another $150

Cutting in an adjustable comb $250

You might need some, none or all of these, without seeing you with the gun in your hands it's anybody's guess.

It's too hard to say, everyone is built differently.

The price is good, but you need it to fit.

If your willing to invest in the gun, it might prove to be perfect for you.

Adjusting the length of pull if needed could run you $150

Adding an adjustable butt plate another $150

Cutting in an adjustable comb $250

You might need some, none or all of these, without seeing you with the gun in your hands it's anybody's guess.

This is correct about fit being a huge factor. The stock fit will be a much bigger concern than barrel length as you said, and also it might be hard to judge the balance and such until the stock is fitted which makes it a bit of going in blind.

Silly me ..........

Went back to your first post and saw that the gun already has an adjustable comb and butt.

Ask the seller what the length of pull is. 14-3/8" is standard from the factory, and probably a good starting point for you.

It would be hard to get hurt at the number you have given.

God buy, and if you are comparing to other high end shotties with all the bells and whistles - well they will run $$$$$$. I paid significantly more for my 525(new) about 10 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom