• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brockton Shooting an Accident???

Well.....now I can say my town is number one in something.

One more reason I plan on getting out of there soon. Although I do live on the nice side of town.

Yes......believe it or not Brockton has a nice side of town

I think this guy should be facing a more serious charge than Manslaughter. Another young life wasted by a moron the victim thought was his friend.
Best regards.

Pointing a gun at someone's head and pulling the trigger twice is an accident?!?!?!

Well he's 18 that dramatically decreases the chances of him having a valid LTC to possess that handgun.

So, a criminal shoots someone while committing a crime.

Where is the controversy here? 10 years in prison for the illegal possession, 20 for the assault and battery with a deadly weapon, Life for premeditated murder (he pulled the trigger TWICE). Sounds like we don't have to deal with this scum anymore.

Oh wait this is Massachusetts. He'll be back home breaking more laws before he's 21.

Wasn't licensed
Handgun was illegal
Would have used it to commit a crime of another sort given the opportunity

There were three handgun illegal fatalities on the same page as the article where Devoid was talking about the success of the Brockton program with the state police.

This was one
The other was the Brockton cabbie killed by a punk
I forgot what the other was now.

This one is baffling. How the hell can someone say this was an accident? I thought I was hearing things when they said it was an accident... "when he pulled the trigger the gun went off". WTF did he think would happen?

This world needs help.

Pointing a gun at someone's head and pulling the trigger twice is an accident?!?!?!

At first.. before I heard the whole story... I was thinking why send a 18 yo kid to prison for 20 years.. only to get out at 40... and hurt someone else... let him learn from his mistake and live with it..

BUT.. the guy pulled it twice... first it misfired.. so then he pulled it again!?? Thats not manslaughter... that is murder!

Must be something we are missing?

Keep letting your kids watch violence and listen to Rap folks.Plus having them on the cell phone 24-7.I believe these are some of the reasons why kids can kill so easy.They are no longer in touch with their fellow man on a personal basis.Kids are becoming totally desensitized.

Keep letting your kids watch violence and listen to Rap folks.Plus having them on the cell phone 24-7.I believe these are some of the reasons why kids can kill so easy.They are no longer in touch with their fellow man on a personal basis.Kids are becoming totally desensitized.

+1 agree w/ you 100%. It even worse now. Instead of talking to someone on the phone, they now just text message eachother. Eventually, I'm afraid we will get to a point in our history where human interaction is minimal at best.

I hope you're kidding. Blaming violent video games for crime is no different than blaming the gun for the crime. I've played violent video games my whole life. I grew up with violent TV. I never killed anyone and don't plan to.

Now that's not to say I would let a 5 year old play the Grand Theft Auto games, but we're not talking about 5 year olds here.

I hope you're kidding. Blaming violent video games for crime is no different than blaming the gun for the crime. I've played violent video games my whole life. I grew up with violent TV. I never killed anyone and don't plan to.

Now that's not to say I would let a 5 year old play the Grand Theft Auto games, but we're not talking about 5 year olds here.

I think he was focusing his argument on the next generations lack of social interaction w/ eachother. Eventually, it may cause desensetization w/ eachother. i mean, you look at kids these days at a park, and they are lost w/o their parents guidance. Growing up, we'd make our own friends, start up our own games, and have fun w/o parents.

I think he was focusing his argument on the next generations lack of social interaction w/ eachother. Eventually, it may cause desensetization w/ eachother. i mean, you look at kids these days at a park, and they are lost w/o their parents guidance. Growing up, we'd make our own friends, start up our own games, and have fun w/o parents.

That's a valid point, but he clearly puts blame on violent games and rap music. Maybe he hates rap whatever but not all rap is about promoting the gangster stereotype. I listen to just about everything (including rap--real hip hop not the sh*t that's on the radio) and hearing people say stuff like that pisses me off the same way all of us get pissed when we hear antis blaming guns for the stupid sh*t people do.

The real issue is to teach responsibility and accountability to your offspring along with respect and some sense of moral behavior.

Most of which some of the parents will have to learn themselves first.

This is pure and simple murder on the news this morning they were saying he did it because it was his turn to play a video game and the victim would not let him have his turn. Don't blame it on the game, I don't care what the game is it's the parents responsibility to teach their children basic fundamental right vs wrong. I play video games all the time doesn't mean I'm going to go out and kill anyone.

Sorry guys. I totally missed the video game part, and saw the "desensatized" part...I'll agree rap music and video games don't influence anything. lack of social activety and human interaction could potentially breed a generation of sociopaths. It's the parents responsibility to ensure that their kids are active in their community, and aren't spending to much time bogged into their machinery. We are a generation of cyborgs as our dependency on electronics and machinery increase almost exponentially.

Back
Top Bottom